1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late night musical acts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pallister, Nov 29, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Sans cable lately I've been forced to watch Conan and, God forgive me, Carson Daly when I get home from work. The shows are different as night and day, except for one thing: every musical act at the end of each show completely sucks. Who listens to this crap? Obviously, someone does or they wouldn't get booked. But good God, in the last month or so, with the exception of Zappa Plays Zappa, I haven't yet heard an act that doesn't make my dogs cover their ears.

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Try Craig Ferguson on CBS. He had the Sex Pistols on not too long ago and, from what I've seen, is more likely to have a comedic act to end the show -- which I've aways preferred to any musical act playing in front of an unmoving crowd.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

PBS often has some decent music on at the same time, after Charlie Rose I think, so that's an option. Clapton was on tonight.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If your local PBS station shows Austin City Limits there's always some great music on there.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The Pistols were on Leno recently before the strike, and the show-ending shot of Johnny Rotten's handshake with Ron Paul was a priceless moment.
    Letterman usually has some fun, eclectic acts. Plus Elvis Costello always stops by when he's touring or putting out a new album.
    ACL has a pretty strong upcoming lineup - I think they had Van Morrison this week. They taped a bunch of acts who played the ACL festival in September - now if you'll excuse me, I'll resume kicking myself for missing Arcade Fire two weeks ago. Bakc to reruns...

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, I second Ferguson. He seems to have They Might Be Giants on basically every 1-2 weeks. :)

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Unfortunately, PBS doesn't come in on my TV.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't think I've ever heard that phrase before.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

All I have are rabbit ears, and the nly stations I can wtch are NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, the WB (or whatever the hell it's called now) and a Spanish channel.

Draft saved Draft deleted