1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late night/Early morning fishing with Chef

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I didn’t like fishing until we took a family fishing trip to Alaska and caught more salmon, halibut and cod than we could ever eat.

Now I love fishing ... in Alaska.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Now you're thinking!

Old country joke -

"Claude was the only one in the community catchin’ any fish. Folks was goin’ and they wasn’t catchin’ nothin’. Old Claude Ledbetter, he’d come out with a pickup truck just loaded down. So the State Game and Fish Commission of Mississippi decided they’d go fishin’ with Claude, just see how he was catchin’em. Claude told ’em – popped off – said, y’all jest don’t know how to do it. Y’all ought to just go with me and watch.

Well, the game warden got in the boat with him and they took off out in the middle of the river. The warden said, “Alright Claude, I’m gonna see how you catchin’ all these fish when cain’t nobody else catch none.”

Claude raised the lid on the boat seat, got a big, long stick a dynamite. Lit the fuse on it. Let it go down kinda short, then drawed back and chucked it. Boom! Them big catfish come turnin’ they belly up, whoopin’ it outa that water, and Claude was just gettin’ em by the tub full.

The game warden said, “Boy, that’s against the law, you cain’t do that. Don’t you know you’re breakin’ the law?”

Well, Claude had done lit another big stick a dynamite, handed it to the game warden; and it's goin’ phsssssh! The game warden took that stick a dynamite and said, “You idiot! This is against the law! You cain’t do this!”

Claude said, “You gonna set there and argue, or are you gonna fish?”

Chef2 likes this.
  3. Reminds me of the King of the Hill eposode when Hank uses crack as bait.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I have a friend who swears that I’m this guy:

53C7C48C-270D-4F81-B730-DFF69E0B334C.png

Dale Gribble.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Well. Driving home now. Stopped by Fort Hays State to see kids dorm room. Weekend was a blast. Good times. Good people. All appendages remain attached. I learned many new spanish words sitting arounf the fire shithammered drunk and as I am typing this, I still can't think of the phrase Pinche Gordo without chuckling..
    Total hours spent fishing.
    Total fish caught..0.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Total beers consumed ... ?

I'll set the +/- at 18.5.;)

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I bet that’s an Orange Duce reference.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I may have had more than that just yesterday.
    There was 8-9 of us drinking. When we started before noon yesterday, there were 5 cases of beer. When we woke up this morning, there were 4 left. Cans.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

FINALLY A THREAD WHERE I CAN USE MY EXPERTISE!

What were y'all after? Bass or catfish? What lures/bait were you using?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

A video tape of Chef's outting

justgladtobehere and Chef2 like this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I dont give a fuck if we pulled in a 5 pound catfish, a turtle, a size 11 Nike Air Force I circa 1986 or Jimmy fucking Hoffa........we were just wanting to hook something and reel it in.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, if you were night fishing then you need the right tools for the right species. Stinkbait for catfish. Jitterbugs or buzzbaits for bass.

Draft saved Draft deleted