1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Titanic survivor dies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, May 31, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"Nearer My God to Thee" just started going through my head with a mental image of all the cast of Titanic hanging around the staircase...

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

A chapter ends in a remarkable story about a ship that no movie can do justice.

If you become a student of the Titanic disaster -- and there is oodles of stuff to read on the subject -- you won't be disappointed in the endeavor.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Chilling. It's like that "Final Destination" movie.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Horrible, tasteless, terrible. And oh Tebow, did that make me laugh.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

My wife is a Titanic Fanatic. She's got books, DVDs and other items. Plus, we've seen the exhibit of the memorabilia twice: in Los Angeles and in Vegas.

In that, you take a tour of the ship and see all the stuff they've brought up in a setting designed to re-create the ship. You're given a card of a passenger before you start and at the end, you find out if you survived.

Both times, I went down with the ship. :'( :'( :'(

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

A friend of mine took in the tour when it was in Milwaukee... the cards were really interesting.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Saw that exhibit too, bird. Found it very interesting.

Did they have the ice berg exhibit, where you could put your hand on the ice to feel exactly how cold it was in the water that night?

And I think I went down with the ship as well.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yeah, they did, Hank, both at the Science Center in downtown LA and in Vegas.

BF COLD!

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I guess her heart didn't go on.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Sweet tea on the screen.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I want to know if she had a bunch of pictures of herself on horses and flying planes on her bedside table.

Draft saved Draft deleted