1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Time You Threw a Punch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Feb 13, 2007.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

On the street, never. NEVER.

In beer league hockey, most recently about a year ago. Some guy jumped my defenseman near my crease, so I punched him in the head until the other goalie jumped me.

2. da el g

da el g Member

What is the leading cause of domestic violence?

She just will not FUCKING listen. /ducks and leaves room/

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I'm guessing your both spending Valentine's Day alone.

4. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

First year of college.
    I was "hanging out" with a friend's ex -- no boning, just dating -- and was at a house party in basement with that friend, drunk off our asses. He gets mouthy about me dating her and calls her something filthy. A circle of people naturally forms as he challenges me and keeps it up as everyone expected something to happen. I hear the magic words and go Roadhouse on his ass and drill him with a right hook right in his nose. It sounded like a movie punch (most don't) and it knocked him to the floor movie-style. I was amazed at how well I connected. He staggers to his feet with blood all over his face and charges me. I nail him a few times during a brief scuffle and we seperate for a second. That is when I notice his nose is basically flat and sideways. I stopped the fight because I fucked him up so bad and he was acting like i was pussing out. I walk upstairs as he curses me and walk into the upstairs part of this party and everyone's draw drops. My white sweater was now completely red. Another but says, "Dude, what happened to you." I just respond in the coolest fashion, "Nothing, but Chris' face is pretty fucked up."
    Half the party runs downstairs to see the carnage.
    Cool end to this story too. Half an hour later, my buds are freaking that Chris needs to go to the hospital. I give them my keys and let them take my car (I do have a bit of a conscious). I go home and next morning Chris calls, apologizes and says his folks are pissed and are talking about calling mine to make them pay the medical bills. He says he will straighten it out, but whatever I do, I can't let his parents know he was drunk or they will throw him out.
    My Dad calls a bit later and said he got a call and wants to know what happened. All I say is that Chris started in and got what he deserved. Then I give my old man the juice and tell him if his dad won't lay off to be sure to tell him how fucked up (stoned and drunk) Chris was. Dad promises not to narc him out unless he has to.
    Dad comes home that night and tells me he is sorry, but he had to tell Chris' dad he was drunk and to leave him the fuck alone.
    Next thing you know, Chris is sent away to a missionary college. 10 years later, I see him at our HS reunion. He met his wife in South America somewhere while on a mission, has two kids and is a preacher.
    So my Roadhouse right saved this dude's life ... sort of.

5. da el g

da el g Member

my wife and I are going to a spa in the NC mountains, she has a sense of humor

6. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

About six years ago, while still in college, I was at a house party with about 20 of my fellow football playing teammates. Another guy on the team, who I still don't know to this day, brings a recruit to the house party. Turns out it was a kid he went to high school with. This fuck stick (still in high school) mouths off to one of my offensive line buddies about how he will own the field next year.

My friend, a whisky drinking fella, starts talking back: "Who the fuck are you," "Eat my ass" yada yada yada. It's amusing, then this punk gets up in the friends face. I fucking lose it.

I grabbed this tit by the neck and threw the motherfucker into the wall. I then grabbed his fucking head, and pushed it against the drywall, and told him to shut his fucking mouth. Drunk, and a bit fired up, I look into this kid's eyes, and it was priceless. My guess is he was a big-timer back home. But, once you take the farm away from the kid, he learns that city kids don't take lipping off but for one minute. Then, we act. Needless to say, he and his friend, my teammate, left the party as my OL buddy chased him up the stairs.

This kid, to my knowledge, did not choose our college to play ball. But, he could have, and just never said a peep.

Can't say I am proud, but I did stand up for my friend, and that's what friends do, for better or worse.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'm guessing 'your' not spending it polishing up on your grammar.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I had a friend in college who used to tell me he couldn't wait to get married so he could beat his wife. Pretty sure he was kidding.

9. busuncle

busuncle Member

Or ruined it. Hard to tell.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You weren't defending yourself against a certain Hooters girl's boyfriend, were you?

Me, eighth grade. Don't remember what it was about (probably something I said. I had a propensity for mouthing off. Can't say now for sure ...) or who the other guy was, but he jumped me from behind. I shook him off me and hit him about five times before we were pulled apart. Got a paddling in the principal's office, but pretty much nobody else messed with me after that. I did have one guy try to punch me when I was 15. I was probably looking at his girlfriend. I caught his fist with my left hand. He decided kicking my ass wasn't going to be easy and stopped right there.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

About two years ago.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I do Tae Bo every morning, does that count.

Draft saved Draft deleted