1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Time You Threw a Punch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Feb 13, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Senior year of high school. Ran into my ex-best friend in a parking garage. She was dating my ex-boyfriend (hence the ex-best friend). She tried to come up and act all buddy-buddy with me. I punched her hard enough that she fell back onto a car hood (probably mostly from shock).

The guy I was out with never spoke to me again, but I felt a lot better.

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Sportschick, will you marry me?

3. sportschick

I think you're too old for me. Aren't you out of college already? :D

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Yes. But I'm heading back in September on a part-time basis. Does that count?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Honestly, I can't remember throwing a punch. Elementary school maybe.

6. sportschick

I'll think about it and get back to you.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Fall of 97.
    My first year in college. Go back home to hang out with some friends and we end up at a party with a bunch of people who don't care too much for one of my friends. There's five of us, plus two more who just happened to be there and I had hung out with a few years earlier.
    The seven of us end up standing in the street with 25-30 guys standing across from us (picture West Side Story without the snapping and great pants).
    After some cursing -- which is guy code for "I have a lot of adrenaline but I'm too lazy to actually use it" -- first punch finally gets thrown and its on. Lasted 5 minutes. A few of their guys got pretty messed up.
    We celebrated with some Mad Dog 20/20.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

By court order I am not allowed to discuss it.

9. When I was still in college. My friends and I used to go out in a group ranging from 7-10 people, but we'd usually split off from that group once we hit the bar. One night one of my friends was there with his girlfriend and he went to take a piss. When he came back he saw a trio of guys flirting with his girl. My friend was about 5-7, not at all imposing, so when he tried to get past these three guys to stand next to his girl, they basically turned around and told him to fuck off. Bit of a mistake. You know that old adage about keeping an eye on the small, quiet ones? Well, in this case it was apt. While basically a very good guy, fuck with him at your peril. Anyway, the conversation starts escalating so one of my friends rounds us all together and we make our way toward the scene. But we were far enough back where if you didn't know we came in together, we'd just look like interested onlookers. Anyway, these three douches decide to just turn it into a fight, thinking they can take this guy 3-on-1 and destroy him. They didn't count on it going from 3-on-1 to 8-on-3. I think I only threw two or three punches, but needless to say, we won. Anyway, I haven't been in a fight since.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A couple of nights ago ... this big lump of blackness at the gym was staring me down and I was like "whatcha looking at?" Didn't say a word back. So I gave the shoulder bump was like "what's up now bitch!" And still nothing, so I just started whaling, firing shots, quick jabs, power punches and a quick knee, all ultimate fighting competition style, it was awesome.
    Quite the workout ... wait did I mention this was the heavy bag at the gym?
    Yeah, I guess I should have said that.
    A few years back got caught up in a massive bar brawl, one where they were throwing folding tables and chairs. It was a big group - $2 cover and $2 pitchers has a way of bringing people together - and some of us scooped up the girls and fought our way out.
    Another time, I was riding around with my cop brother on patrol and whaled on some dude who made a dash for freedom.

11. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Does smacking the wife around count?

12. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Senior year in high school. Two words: CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted