1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Time You Threw a Punch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We had this discussion at work today at lunch. I realize that it's been more than 10 years since I threw a punch at someone.

Playing hoops at my gym in about '96 or so. I had a relatively open layup and a regular in the game pretended to dive underneath me as I was in the air. I went to protect myself and missed the shot. As I landed, he said that there was no foul because we didn't make contact. I lost my mind and literally saw nothing but red. He was way stronger than me, but I got about 6 or 7 good shots in and drew some blood.

2. busuncle

busuncle Member

Sixth grade.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In high school I kicked a guy who was coming at me with a knife. Does that count?

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

In 1998, still young (22) just out of college, bar brawl - literally like one out of the movies. They locked the bar's doors, and people were breaking chairs and pool cues over people's backs. Total insanity.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ha. I was on one of those at a bowling alley when some of my drunk friends mixed it up with a couple guys over a game of pool.

Spilled out into the parking lot and I had to keep dragging the girlfriend's of the other guys off my buddies. The gals were giving it to my guys pretty good.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I think Ace was hanging with Allen Iverson in high school. I've seen the video.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The last time I threw a punch was when I tried to break up a fight between Alyssa Milano and Ashley Judd. They were fighting for the right to date me, and when I stepped in, Ashley's bodyguard came over and tried to restrain me. Two hits. Me hitting him, him hitting the floor. Then, I turned around and said, "Hey babes, you can share in my greatness." So I started scoring with both hot chicks at once. Whatever.

JDV

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The last time someone fucked with me. Dig?

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

What day is it today? Tuesday?

Then two days ago. Good times.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Four or five years.

At my local pub, I used to be the guy assigned to watch the bartender's back when he was breaking up the occasional fight. I didn't work there, but the owner and bartenders trusted me to watch their backs.

Another SJer actually happened to be in my city once when a bad brawl happened. He wound up watching my back while I watched the bartender's back as some frat boys brawled with some locals on the sidewalk out front.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Eighth grade...

12. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Outside of doing martial arts, seventh grade.

Draft saved Draft deleted