1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last time been in a fight, last time seen a fight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 31, 2008.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Last fight I was in... seventh grade. Happened in the yard next to mine. Kid was otherwise a friend, but sometimes you push people's buttons. He tried a ninja kick, I blocked it, threw him down and hit him a couple times. Didn't have the heart to bash him. Two days later, it was like nothing happened.

Last fight I saw.. in high school, maybe? Got to use the intercom to tell an administrator to get down there. Weird kid went after a popular kid. Popular kid said repeatedly he didn't want to fight, then wailed on the weird kid after weirdy attacked first.

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

That guy's Folgers went flying, and then he crumpled to the ground.

Classic moment.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Been in: Fifth grade, standing in line for lunch. The school bully -- my nemesis for two years until he got sent to juvie for attacking a teacher with a fence post -- hit me in the back of the head. I retaliate with an elbow to his nose, he swings, misses and bloodies his knuckles on the stone wall. Teachers intervene ... one day of detention for each. Well worth it, IMO.

Saw: Easy to find fights around here. All you have to do is find a nice spot down by the beach park and watch as the tourists wander down to the Hawaiian-only beach.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Growing up I was the tallest kid around, so nobody ever thought about fighting me. I was usually the one breaking things up, so I guess that counts as the last one I was "in." House party in college, some of the "wrong" people showed up and everyone was drunk, so punches start getting thrown. I was sober, so I pulled one drunk guy away and out to the garage while someone grabbed the other dude.

I didn't see it, but I saw the aftermath of a soccer referee who had gotten beat up by angry parents in the parking lot. It was a mess. Guy had to have surgery on his eye and his jaw wired shut for a week.

Last fight I saw was a few months ago, outside of work. Like all good newsrooms, we're in a seedy downtown area across the street from a small park frequented by the homeless and drug dealers. I look out the window and see two guys, laced up in boxing gloves, really going at it. Nobody else was really around, and it didn't look like two friends sparring, they were really going for hard shots. Strange.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Nobody was filming it?

That sounds like one of those bum fights they publicize all over the internet.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Nah, they looked more like the drug dealers than the bums.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Well, then that's a good thing. Maybe they offed each other.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

IN: Senior year in high school. Kid threw a basketball at me for guarding him too hard; he shoved me I took a swing and spit in his face. He came at me and we were separated.

SAW: A couple years back in a street outside a bar. A woman was beating the piss out of a guy who was markedly drunk. Loved every minute of it.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Spitting's kind of a bitch move, IMHO.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

CI is Punkin.

[​IMG]

11. pallister

pallister Guest

not kind of, you don't spit in another man's face

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Right. You wait 'til he turns around an hock one at the back of his head.

Draft saved Draft deleted