1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last time been in a fight, last time seen a fight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 31, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

In honor of the CBS programming this Saturday night, I will ask the following questions.

When was the lest time you were in a fight?

When was the last time you saw a fight?

Answer one or answer both, but it has to be a fight. No yelling matches. No sucker punches and a person drops. Hockey fights, going to some UFC crap or the like does not count.

For me, it would have been sixth grade (or maybe fifth?) at recess. I got so much damn detention for it, it was not even funny. It was by the softball field. A few quick knuckle throws and it was over.

Last one I saw in person would have probably been at a minor league hockey game. A couple guys started swinging and the cops came and took them off. Shockingly, I think beer was involved.

When I was in college, I was put into a full nelson by a 6-6 bouncer. I'm 6-1, and the guy had my toes off the floor like I was Billy Barty.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

In one: Never.

Seen one: at a Greyhound station. One guy had a knife.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Well I hope they had AC.

My first girlfriend and I were walking down a street in Phoenix (I was 15 or something at the time) and two guys blasted out of a Circle K cluching and grabbing. They seperated and one guy pulled a knife.

We didn't even look back. I have no idea what happened.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I have a list of best towns to get your ass kicked in if you just give me a minute.

It's around here somewhere...

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Last time I was in one was in hockey when I was like 12. I won.

Last time I saw a fight (a real one) was in my early 20s in the parking lot of a bar in Windsor, where one girl was beating the shit out of another. With her shoe.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was in a fight last year, I guess. I'm pretty sure I lost -- in a way.

Before that: Eighth grade at lunch. I was playing basketball against this kid I really hated. He fouled me hard, and I fouled him harder. Pretty soon, we were pushing each other, and like a movie, people surrounded us, making a circle pit. He left with a bloody nose, and he never touched me. It was worth the day-and-a-half suspension.

The last fight I saw -- and I was kind of in it -- was at a sorority party at my college. The quarterback was upset over a beer pong game, and he came back with his offensive line and took care of some people -- men and women. It wasn't pretty.

7. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

In July 2000 I fared very, very poorly in a 1-on-1 fight that escalated into a 1-on-4. My face looked and felt horrible for a couple weeks afterward. I still have a nice little scar under my right eye.

I've seen a couple pathetic bar fights in the last 4-5 years, none that were particularly memorable.

8. Was it a heel?

I've never been in a fight other than petty ones with my older brother -- he's about seven years older than me, so you could guess you won them all.

I've seen many fights, but the last one I think I saw was after a 7-on-7 football game. One-on-one turned into many-on-one before the cops showed up.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh yes. It was the heel. And her weak screams of "help me" rang across the parking lot until the Windsor cops showed up...

10. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

First: Class bully pantsed me (I was wearing Jams, so I probably deserved it) in front of a Chi-Chi's in eighth grade, with about 20 people, including the girl I liked, loitering outside waiting for a table. I put him in a headlock and rabbit-punched him in the face about 20 times in five seconds, leaving him a bloodied, embarrassed mess. It was a high point of my life, and he stopped bullying people after I stood up to him.

Worst: 1990 Tosa Fest (Bubbler, were you there?!? :) ) Five Latin Kings started some shit with about 15 members of my high school football team and a knife got pulled. That wasn't so much fun. One knife makes 15 suburban whites boys very very scared, but 15 beats five nearly every time, even with a weapon balancing things out a bit.

Most recent: A bunch of obnoxious, drunk, douchebag Flyers fans (is there any other kind of Flyers fan?) started shit about three rows behind us in my section of a Thrashers-Flyers game at Philips Arena this February, with one kicking the guy in front of him in the head repeatedly. Needless to say, I grabbed my young sons and my wife and hightailed it out of there ASAP until the cops could take care of their business.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Last fight I was in? Eighth grade. This short, pudgy Napoleonic fucker kept trying to torment me all spring -- he was jealous because I had made the JV baseball team, and he hadn't -- and on our class Field Day, up on top of the hill, out of sight of the teachers, he challenged me and I took the bait. I had four inches on him, and he couldn't get a clear shot at me. I jabbed him a few times, and then socked him right in the mouth with a left. (I'm a southpaw, and he should've known. ;)) He went rolling down the hill a couple yards, a teacher saw his bloody lip, and we both got two days' ISS (in-school suspension) for it the next week.

Last fight I saw? Three summers ago, in downtown San Berdoo, I'm stopping off to get gas at an AM/PM after work (~12:30 a.m.), and at the corner of Baseline and H Street is this bus stop. I'm standing there next to my truck, and some dude comes up to another dude standing against the bus stop shelter ... and just starts whaling on him! No provocation, no words, nothin'. Just starts punching his lights out. A heavy-set guy pumping gas at the pump across from mine runs over to try to break it up, but I got the hell out of there ASAP. Nothing good can happen after midnight in San Berdoo.

12. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Since we can't count hockey fights, last one I was in was sixth grade. Don't remember what started it.

Last one I saw, at least one other member of SportsJournalists.com was there. After a night on the town in Savannah, Ga. before a I-AA playoff game, we were headed back to the car and there was a throw down in front of the Days Inn coffee shop.

One guy knocked the other's coffee out of his hands with a left and followed it with his right hand to the jaw. We didn't stick around to see what happened next.

Draft saved Draft deleted