1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last new Office airing next week

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Filming has stopped on the popular NBC sitcom “The Office” because star Steve Carell has refused to cross the picket lines of striking writers, a producer said Wednesday.
    Greg Daniels, executive producer of the show, says the last new episode of the show will air next week. It is among at least eight prime-time shows to stop shooting as of Wednesday because of the strike.
    A publicist for Carell did not immediately return calls from The Associated Press.
    Sally Field, who won the best actress Oscar in 1979 for the pro-union film “Norma Rae,” left the set of her show, “Brothers & Sisters,” to visit strikers and show her support.
    No new contract talks are scheduled.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Good for Carell. Bad for us. :'(

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they don't have more shows finished. Bummer, though. Good for Steve for not crossing. Ellen DeGeneres crossed today to do her show, apparently.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Considering half of the characters (Kelli, BJ, the PR guy) are writers for the show, it makes sense to sit it out.

I have a lot of Netlfix to catch up on anyway.

5. ifilus

ifilus Active Member

://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/11/07/striking-writers-actors-_n_71622.html

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

good for them, bad for us...

can't wait for the strike to get settled and writers to get their fair share

7. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

i can't imagine how my girlfriend is going to take this news

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I knew there was a reason I made Doc save every episode from this season on our DVR.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If you get a chance, check out Paul Lieberstein's (Toby's) MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/28720913

One of his blogs:

Draft saved Draft deleted