1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's a guilty pleasure. It's fun. Not great cinema. In no way believeable, but fun.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Just posted this on the movies thread, but what the hell:

Just saw "Seven Pounds." Pretty good flick, though it wasn't too hard to figure out what was going to happen. Despite figuring it all out pretty quickly, it was enjoyable going along for the ride.

My only real complaint is that they spent so much time focused on the Emily/Ben relationship that the other characters got short shrift. MILD SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!

The way they established how two of the characters were good people was rather simplistic. We got almost an entire movie discovering what kind of person Emily was, and we got two scenes that lasted probably a grand total of three minutes to find out about Ezra and the hockey coach.

SPOILER OVER

Anyway, I give it three out of five stars. Pretty good, definitely worth renting, but not a must-see.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The Puffy Chair. What a piece of shit. Worst movie I've seen in a LONG time. And it was supposedly "loved" at Sundance. Liars. It's shit.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

X-Files: I Want to Believe. Had its moments, but felt tired. Duchovny in a beard doesn't cut it, and Gillian Anderson was hardly recognizable.

5. I watched The Assasination Of Richard Nixon last night.
    Great performance by Penn in a very compelling, strange little movie.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Broad expressions of taste at Sundance can be "exotic". Some good stuff comes out of there that might not see the light of day, otherwise, but approval there is not an automatic indicator of extended glory.

7. imjustagirl

Crazy Love. A documentary about a really weird, up-and-down, headline-grabbing relationship between Burt Pugach and Linda Riss. Fascinating.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Is that the one with the guy who looks vaguely like Jim from The Office?

9. imjustagirl

Yes! Sweet Christ, someone else watched it. It's horrid.

I wanted to punch the gf in the face. Repeatedly. And then kick her in the spleen. There wasn't a likeable person in the film.

10. lono

lono Active Member

Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Good stuff.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

He would have enjoyed the movie more if he had inhaled.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Saw Role Models tonight. Very underrated, very funny. McLovin was terrific.

Draft saved Draft deleted