1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Watched "An American Tail" the other day thanks to Time Warner's free week of HBO and Starz. I was pleased to add it to the small list of 'movies I enjoyed 20 years ago that don't stink when I watch them now'. I was actually sort of surprised it was rated G. There was nothing overt in it, but there was some thematic stuff in there that raised my eyebrows. In any case, definitely an enjoyable viewing.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The crazy weather movie with Dennis Quaid, just now on Space.

Had a drunken conversation with somebody at a dinner party about Desperately Seeking Susan, of all movies. Two people conducting a relationship exclusively via personal ads -- it is inconceivable of happening today. No how, no way. Put it in the time capsule.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Changeling, and I'm still trying to recover. It was wonderfully acted and beautiful to look at on screen, but my God is it depressing.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

JR and I watched "Baby Momma" tonight. Two big thumbs up!

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

gran torino.

5 stars out of 5.

6. jps

jps Active Member

last night stopped and rented the hammer with adam corolla -- [really] surprised that I liked it as much as I did. I was prepared for the worst, but I completely enjoyed the whole thing and laughed out loud quite a few times. the final 20 minutes or so lagged a bit, but otherwise was really well done. not a typical quick-hit comedy ... some actual story to it and I enjoyed that. he didn't force the humor and just let the comedy sell itself.

semi-true story about his life, I guess. who woulda thunk that corolla used to be a gold gloves fighter and a carpenter? (or maybe I'm the only one that didn't know.) great job and one I actually want to own and watch again. would recommend a rental.

loved when he asked the love interest in his boxing class where she got her shiner. a client, she says, took a swing at her. "hey, I think prostitution should be legal." "I'm a public defender."

others ...

corolla: You guys sure seem to love Nicaragua ... except for the part where you risked your lives not to live there any more.

corolla: do you have taquitos?
    roach coach lady: taquitos?
    corolla: hey, if you said spaghetti I wouldn't be confused. taquitos!

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Ever see The Changeling with George C. Scott

One of the first movies that really creeped me out.

8. jps

jps Active Member

great movie. like to pull it out on halloween now and then.

9. sportschick

No, and if it's scary, I probably never will. I get horrendous nightmares after I watch scary movies.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

During law school, I hung out all the time at my best friend's place with him, his wife and his dog. The dog died this morning after coming down with -- what the vet deemed -- a stomach virus right before Christmas.

So Marley and Me will not be the next movie I see.

11. jps

jps Active Member

you can handle it, sc ... more intense and creepy than scary.

12. sportschick

I had nightmares for two weeks after I saw Monster. That's really not scary either.

Draft saved Draft deleted