1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I was getting bad vibes about that flim, between Cruise and it's not being made available to critics for previews. It fascinates me some, and I'll probably do the DVD (Mrs. T is violently allergic to anything Cruise touches) because I had a professor in college who wrote a book about it ("The July Plot," Roger Manvell).

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Can't argue with that.

Can't argue with that.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I can absolutely believe that. However, I was born I'm guessing about 6 months before that movie came out. I was completely unprepared for what I was sitting down to watch. The shock value was still there for me. It has taken a while to process it.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

That movie and "Adam" were the 1-2 movie-of-week fun punch of my childhood. <shudders>

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I just finished watching "Babel" for the first time. Which should have been titled "Three Hours That Will Leave You Wanting To Kill Yourself." Well-made, but damn, that was depressing.

6. I Digress

I Digress Guest

They had like, some big news thing when it first aired so people who be able to digest the movie. Can you imagine something like that happening now? I can't.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

babel is a yawner.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed ... and the connections between the stories were pretty thin. There was the whole subplot with the asian girl which - while riveting and well-acted - had so little to do with anything, it looked like it belonged in a different movie.

Here's this really weird story about a self-conscious teenager and, ooh wait, wait! Her dad once had a gun that he gave away that somehow wound up being the one used in the other part of this movie! It was pretty ham-handed.

I thought I would really like this flick, but it was pretty bad.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

there was a little bit of that connecting of the characters in bejamin button; the scene through a series of "ifs" is cool, explaining how and why blanchette wouldn't have been struck by a car but in reality was. weirdly, 10 years ago i wrote something somewhat like that, involving a car wreck. of course, mine was babble compared with button's circular writing that played out well in the movie.

10. Watched Hellboy II last night.
    UGH!
    Enjoyd the first one.
    The second was visually creative, but the characters were awful. Awful.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I remember when it first aired, I was 7 or 8 years old. My parents made me go to bed at 7 p.m. so I wouldn't be scared. It was still light out for chrissakes!
    Saw it years later and thought it was a pretty realistic take on what would happen in a nuclear war (not everybody dies, civilization goes back 100 years, life sucks now, etc.), but didn't see what the big deal was.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Veronica Mars likely retired the Dirty Old Man award for a television series, for all time.

Draft saved Draft deleted