1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Watched Crank 2: High Voltage the other night. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but it was a pretty fun 90 minutes or whatever. Pretty damn funny, too.

Tyson just came in from Netflix. I'm hoping I have time to watch it this weekend.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm usually very pleasantly surprised by Jason Statham movies. I don't usually expect too much, but I'm usually pretty entertained.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. bwright

bwright Member

Watched two yesterday.
    First up was "Whatever Works," the Larry David/Woody Allen comedy.
    I found it very enjoyable. Not "laugh-out-loud funny" by any means, but I'm glad I watched.
    This could constitute a spoiler...

As a southerner, I didn't appreciate the suggestion that southern people are all crazy and if they move to the city they'll lose all their morals.

Also watched The Taking of Pelham 123. Really enjoyed it as well.
    Fairly predictable, I guess, but a good action/suspense flick.

4. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Just got out of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Cute little flick. It's silly enough that kids will love it with just enough clever humor to keep the adults entertained. Great voice casting too.

In the past week I've seen previews for two movies I intend avoiding like H1N1: Precious [which I think might be about a former co-worker of mine] and The Frog Prince.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

GI JOE.
    Garbage.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The fiancee and I just watched the remake of The Taking of Pelham 123. Decent movie but nothing worth seeing more than once. Still, love Travolta as a bad guy. He makes a great bad guy.

7. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I saw The Box last night. It was better than I expected. I thought it would be a schlockfest. For the most part it isn't. There is a scene in the second half that I think is supposed to ominously terrifying. It made me laugh. Other than that I think the movie hit the right notes.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Zombieland.

Very good. Much better than I expected. Great cameo.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The Men Who Stare At Goats - As far as this week's major news item is concerned there's a scene in this movie which is so cringeworthy it nearly wrecks it completely. Jeff Bridges was pretty cool though. Other than that wait for the DVD.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just got done with Fog of War, the Errol Morris doc on Robert McNamara. It was good but unsettling as hell. I guess mainly because McNamara didn't come off like an "important man speaking for history," but as a guy you met a local bar talking about his adventures.
    Morris uses this camera that imposes his face and his subjects face on the camera "lens" (like a teleprompter) so the subject appears like he is talking directly to you. It was expertly edited, but for a guy who seemed so gabby, he really didn't reveal all that much about what he thought.
    Also watching Endurance, the doc on the Shackleton expedition in Antarctica. Good stuff.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Belated Halloween viewing sfrom Netflix:

'Magic' still holds its bizarre charm. Would actually make a good remake. Some of the editing is bad, and the 1970s cheese factor could be toned down. Anthony Hopkins could be recast as the Ben Green character.

'Hellraiser' - why did I like this movie so much when I was a kid. It's nonsensical. It's got gore/grossness, but there are no actual scares in it.

'Wolverine' stunk on ice. Absolutely awful.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Endurance was amazing. That story just blows my mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted