1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Forced the family into a holiday DVD-fest when I was home. "Going My Way" followed by "Bells of St. Mary's" on Saturday. GMW is my fave movie of all time -flawless, sweet "little" film (I put little in quotes cuz it won a best picture Oscar) that has Der Bingle as a priest brought in to save a failing parish. Crosby revived the role for "Bells," stars with Ingrid Bergman. We also watched the original "Miracle on 34th Street" but they refused "It's a Wonderful Life." Finished with more Bing -- "Holiday Inn" with the über-cool Fred Astair and "White Christmas" with Rosie Clooney.

EDIT: Oh, and watched Sound of Music on the telly last night, though my holiday spirit was long gone. Cynicism (berating telegram-boy Rolfe as the Nazi-in-the-making that he was) and vulgarity (changing lyrics from Edelweiss to an anthem of booty sex called "Anal Vice" --"small and round, ringed in brown... you look happy to meet me!" -- which evolved to an ode to STDs, "Anal Warts") came charging back. (WTF is the matter with me!?!?)

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

"Twilight."

My wife is a fan of the books. I found it like "Saved By the Bell" with vampires, and wished I was watching it in a theater in Philadelphia [/crossthread]

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Just watched "Step Brothers"

It was pretty funny, much better than "Talladega Nights."

"I have a belly full of white dog poop!"

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Body of Lies, which was a lot better than I thought it would be. I think movie makers need to grasp that there is just about nobody out there who wants to watch a war movie these days.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That was definitely a movie that I liked a lot more than I thought I would. The "R" rating helped immensely.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Kung Fu Panda for about the fifth or sixth time.

Love it. I feel a strong connection with Po, much of it coming from his difficulty with stairs.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Slumdog Millionaire (on the advice of SportsJournalists.com). It's between that and "The Dark Knight" for the best $10.50 I've spent in a theater this year. Excellent movie.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger was fucking amazing as The Joker. Other folks were also great. I was literally on the edge of my seat for much of the end of that movie. And yes, Jay Sherman, when I say "literally," I mean literally. ;)

9. Quantum of Solace (I'm a sucker for the Bond flicks)

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I saw Valkyrie with my younger brother this weekend. I'd give it 3 stars -- enjoyable movie, would watch it again and would buy the DVD if it was on sale for less than 10 bucks.

11. Interesting, Pope. The critics aren't liking Cruise, say he's miscast. Didn't bother you?

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

"Milk" late last night.

That Jeff Spicoli can act a little bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted