1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'd love to see someone make a film entitled No Shit, Spurlock, and eat salads without dressing every day for a month at McDonald's and lose 30 pounds.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Try 80 in 6 months

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25281188/

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

"Paranormal Activity." It was basically what I expected.

I'd suggest you wait to watch this once it's released on DVD.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

MILK. Penn deserved the Oscar over Rourke.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'd give the opposite advice, at least if you have some interest in the film. It's way better to see in a crowded theater for other people's reactions.

But if your interest is only mild, DVD would be fine.

6. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

He was outstanding. Penn's one of those actors where I never feel like I'm watching him. It's always the character. I think the only thing that hurt him was the movie itself was a very straight (no pun intended), if excellent, bio-pic.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm watching "Recount" on HBO. Pretty amazing performances across the board, and remarkably fair to both sides.

8. baskethead

baskethead Member

Watched Adventureland, but fell asleep, but not because I wasn't entertained, just tired, so I've got to finish it. Kristin Wiig is awesome.
    Watched The Garden, a documentary about the world's largest public garden, in the middle of South Central L.A., and the fight to keep it open against developers and the city council. Very good, definitely stirs some emotions.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Appreciate you taking the time and giving it a chance.

It's one of my favorite movies of all time, and worth seeing for anyone who enjoys movies.

Saw "Paranormal Activity" tonight. Freaky, and very well done. The wikipedia entry details some alternate endings that are less "GROOWLLRRRRR!!!" and even more freaky.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Couples Retreat...

Fucking dreadful. I'd been warned, but I expected a lot more from Favreau, Vaughn and Bateman.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I saw two movies this week - "Where the Wild Things Are" and "This is It."

WtWTA was only OK. I thought it was great to look at - the Wild Things were very cool - but the storyline didn't really resonate with me as it has for other people. I didn't not like it, but it's not in my top 10 for the year.

I really loved "This is It," though. I wouldn't consider myself a big Michael Jackson fan and I def. think he was very messed up and likely a child molester, but there's no mistaking his talent. His tour, if it actually came off, was going to be pretty spectacular and he didn't look like someone who needed anesthesia to sleep.

12. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Just got out of an advance screening of "The Men Who Stare at Goats" or, as I think it should be called, "Lebowski: The Military Years." It's a fun little movie. It won't change your life but it's not trying to. Clooney, Bridges, and Spacey are clearly having fun. There's a nice little in-joke for Star Wars geeks.

I say check it out!

Draft saved Draft deleted