1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

I saw this tonight and thought it was pretty good. It got wrapped up a bit too neatly.....and Jamie Foxx was just too smug throughout. Minor flaws, though. Gerard Butler played his part well.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

They're both fluff, actually. "Basterds" is very, very lightweight -- entertaining as hell, but other than Waltz's character, not much depth at all.

"Raiders" has stood the test of time. Still very entertaining.

"Basterds" won't even be thought of as Tarantino's third-best movie.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Xan has inspired me. Maybe this will be the year I finally watch It's A Wonderful Life.

4. McPoyle

McPoyle Guest

It was below Jackie Brown for me.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

ygbfkm, i hear "birth of a nation" is the bomb. can't wait to when redbox gets that one.

and death proof is better than jackie brown.

6. baskethead

baskethead Member

Watched Trouble the Water last night, a documentary about Katrina. Pretty amazing footage, but I didn't really connect much with the family it followed. Maybe it was because they seemed so able, that they didn't generate a lot of sympathy. Still very good.

7. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

"Supersize Me." God damn, I might never eat fast food again.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Definitely an enjoyable ride through his fast-food madness.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Yup, I said the same thing after I saw it. Of course, that was way before the tasty angus burger. That's a movie you should watch once a year, to keep the info and images fresh in your mind.

10. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

As it is, I eat Taco Hell once a month, McDonald's only when I'm taking early morning flights and it's the only place open at the airport for breakfast. But I just might swear it off altogether.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This is it - Actually in theater waiting for it to start. Not the freakshow I was expecting.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

A pretty decent movie for what it was. You could tell that people were not expecting what amounted to about a good hour and 15 minutes of very rough rehearsal footage. The rest of it - most notably the opening number "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" - was probably culled from proper dress rehearsal footage and that made a huge difference.

Sadly the big hits at the end weren't spectacular, but nor should they have been. This was practice. Still though there were some moments that defied belief and at the end of the day, the movie really didn't play like a tribute to the person, but a tribute to how he performs.

Draft saved Draft deleted