1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Saw Godzilla vs. Kong in a theater today. It was better on a big screen than it would’ve been on my TV, but a very forgettable film. Some good action but didn’t think about once I left theater.

The experience was good, lightly attended and at least two seats were left empty between each group.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I watched it on HBO Max, but there is no way I would have paid to see it in the theater. It had a few moments and the action scenes weren't bad, but you found the right word for it: forgettable.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watched the prequel (Resolution) and the sequel (The Endless); a sci-fi thriller story that starts innocently enough and then ventures outward. I was mystified at the end of No. 1 but then understood by the end. Pretty well done IMHO.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This will be an outing for the OOP family.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Airplane! v Naked Gun,

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Stowaway on Netflix. Nice cast, Toni Colette, Anna Kendricks, Daniel Dae Kim and a newcomer. Some good tension and sets. Premise of a stowaway on a trip to Mars was not fully explained and not the easiest to accept. I'd say 3.5/5.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

A Thousand Cuts: 4/5

Maria Ressa is a champion. I was horrified to see how similar Filipino politics is to the United States. The same people -- poor, uneducated, don't know any better -- putting their full faith behind Duterte, a "strong man," and consistently voting against their own interests.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

JoJo Rabbit. Very enjoyable.

bigpern23 and Severian like this.
  9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The Dig. I liked it. But then, the cast is stellar, including the delectable Lily James. Stars: 4/5.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Most of True Lies last night. Oy.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Spielberg. It will be interesting to see how much traction this gets.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Fast & Furious franchise is trying to get people back into theaters a quarter of a mile at a time.

The 'Fast & Furious' films are returning to theaters - and EW is binging them with the cast

Draft saved Draft deleted