1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Run, currently on Hulu and starring Sarah Paulson. Solid little thriller. Only an hour and a half long so it doesn't waste time getting to the good stuff. Kind of a long Twilight Zone episode. Good performance from newcomer Kiera Allen.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Robert the Bruce, was very disappointed. If you're going to give any kid actor billing near the top, might as well just hire the best. This has proven in many movies to be a bad corner to cut.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Today I learned that they made a sequel to "Prancer".

I wasn't staying in the room with that.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Midnight Sky; Clooney +Netflix. I read the book, which I thoroughly enjoyed. This story on film was .....bleak. I guess I’d rather read this story than see it.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jingle Jangle - when I heard the director wanted to make a movie like the ones he enjoyed as a kid (Dr. Doolittle, orig. Willy Wonka, Mary Poppins, Wizard of Oz) - I was sold. The music is great, choreography even better and it's a visually stunning film. If it was in theaters it would easily pass the $100m box office threshold.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Wonder Woman 1984 is a fun watch. It’s a little cartoony at times and 2 hours, 35 minutes but it’s enjoyable. Would have been better on a large, theater screen.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    garrow likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

1917. Amazing. Relished every second of it.

SFIND, Severian and garrow like this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We just finished it. The movie was too long and cartoonish is an understatement. They should have wished fo a better script and better effects. It wasn’t bad, but it didn’t live up to the first one.

MTM likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Soul...

It’s almost more a lesson on 3-4 different philosophies and life in general. It’s really hard to describe, but it does drag a bit. The last 20 minutes tie everything together beautifully.

Worth a watch, but some people will adore it and some will not. Unsure if it’s for kids or not.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We watched it today, and while enjoyable (and not to give away any spoilers) the choices and the motivations of the main character made no sense to us.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I was blown away by Soul. Pete Docter is one of my favorite Disney directors, so my expectations were high.
    Pixar did justice to the music, the ideas, and the performers. I'll have to admit my reaction might be the zeitgeist and a lot of personal stuff going on. It might not have the same effect a month, a year from now.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I won't spoil anything, but after giving Wonder Woman 1984 a little more thought today, I believe it was DC's attempt at something like Thor: Ragnorok. The thing is, Marvel needed to do something different with Thor after a decent first movie and a sequel that was arguably the worst movie in the MCU. DC had to do no such thing with Wonder Woman, which was arguably the best movie so far in the DCEU.

Draft saved Draft deleted