1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I play HSX (Hollywood Stock Exchange), which essentially is a game where they give you two million virtual dollars to buy stock in films in development or production and bonds in actors and directors. I've done it for years, more fun than it sounds and relatively low time expenditure. Part of what I like is hearing about films long before they appear on the radar.

So tomorrow's IPO is "Good, Bad, and Undead", a film in development. It is described thusly:

"Good Bad & Undead stars Peter Dinklage as vampire hunter Van Helsing and Jason Momoa as a vampire who no longer kills. Together they run a scam from town to town for money."

This might be ridiculous or it might be funny as hell.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    garrow likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The King, and I thought it was excellent.

Some odd casting choices but the whole thing just works.

Orson Welles once said John Falstaff was Shakespeare's greatest creation. An all-weather action figure made from whole cloth.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

High Fidelity

John Cusak needs an Oscar

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The role that made Yul Brenner an international star.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Indeed.

Robert Pattinson's interpretation of the Dauphin was clownishly bad. Hey, look, he's supposed to be a douchebag!! Get it, get it?

The real Dauphin was sickly and withdrawn. Not so much the fop.

6. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

LOL what? He was decent, but his performance as a whiny record store owner looking for love doesn't warrant acting's highest prize.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Not for that part, but somewhere along the line he deserves an Oscar. He's got an interesting resume with some really excellent movies.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Not for this, but he might deserve an Oscar for holding his breath under water for about 10 minutes in "2012."

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I really like John Cusack as an actor and I mostly enjoy his films. I can't think of a single role of his that should have been nominated for, much less won, an Oscar.

EDIT: Yab's original post did not say Cusack should have won an Oscar. It states that he "needs an Oscar." I don't know John Cusack, but maybe he does need an Oscar.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Watched The Gentlemen last night, thoroughly enjoyable. They do love them the C word over in London.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We watched “The Trial of the Chicago 7” on Netflix last night. The plot and acting were good. Overall, it’s a moving experience.

The slowly fading journalist values I cultivated in a past life cause me to double-check the truth in drama based of historical events that depict real people. Some of the scenes and character conflicts in the movie are false or exaggerated. That leaves me less satisfied.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Get the book. It's the trial transcript.

Draft saved Draft deleted