1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Loved it. I had no idea about his death, either.

maumann likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Blumhouse has a series of movies released on Prime; I watched "Black Box" with the former Ms. Rashard/Ms. Cosby and it was quite good IMHO.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sitting here writing out messages on campaign lit to distribute to neighbors and watching Long Shot. I don't think I've seen Charlize Theron look more incredible in a movie before, "stunning" doesn't do her justice. Good movie - the rare R-rated comedy that doesn't overuse the "freedom" of the rating but uses it naturally.

bigpern23 and qtlaw like this.
  4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

One of four movies I saw on flights to and from Hilo a year ago. It was the best of the group, which included Rocketman and two others I can't even remember now.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And Theron isn't just great to look at for two hours. She's incredibly funny, which I really haven't seen on screen before. I also couldn't believe that was Andy Serkis playing the Murdoch-type. Great cast throughout.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Aaron Sorkin's The Trial of the Chicago 7 on Netflix. Very good. Funny and raw. Great cast with Mark Rylance the standout.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's an excellent critique of The Long Shot. It reminds me of when Family Guy first got released "uncensored" on DVD. I remember watching and thinking it was less funny than when they had a well-timed bleep instead of just the f-bomb. Howard Stern is similar in that once he stopped fighting the FCC after his move to satellite, I found him infinitely less funny. Sometimes having those limits (and pushing them) forces comedy writers to be better.

I love R-rated humor, but it really does have to be earned.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

He was.

Keaton steals every scene he’s in.

CD Boogie and garrow like this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just watched tonight; great history lesson for me. Damn he laid bare all of the awful hurdles the anti-establishment faced then.....yet they overcame. We need to remember that now.

garrow likes this.
  10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

My gripe is he hollywoodized some of it. There was not an established police presence on the hill, for example.

The gagging did happen, though.
    Political Activists on Trial  |  Explore  |  Drawing Justice: The Art of Courtroom Illustration  |  Exhibitions at the Library of Congress  |  Library of Congress

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Anyone see American Utopia? I never saw Talking Heads live, but this show was the fucking amazing BOMB!

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That seems like nitpicking. It's not a documentary. I thought it was terrific. Great cast. Keaton is awesome in everything he's in, even small roles like the FBI agent in Out of Sight.

Draft saved Draft deleted