1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Agreed on Widows. Very interesting movie by a great director that’s trying to do too much in 2 hours. That said, there are so many series now that a lot of them - even good ones - get lost in the noise.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Saw The New Mutants this weekend. Originally shot in 2017, the release of the film has been repeatedly pushed back to scheduling issues, regime change at the studio, and extensive reshoots.

The result? A perfectly fine movie. Takes a little while to get going but the acting is good. Can't understand the hate the film is getting,

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'd like to see it, but the theaters near me are still closed. Hopefully, it isn't too long before it makes its way to Disney+.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watched Tin Men for like the 50th time. Still love it. Rediscovered FYC too.

garrow likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

King of Staten Island. Very enjoyable.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Office evolves into something magnificent.

If you don’t enjoy this...

7. britwrit

Saw Tenet today, A little soulless but a good watch. The trailers don't spoil the last half of the movie but they perfectly capture the tone.

In fact, the whole movie seemed to be composed of trailer shots. Folks doing something dramatic against a colorful background. Over and over again, There were at least three scenes filled with flak-jacked police and soldiers running in lines with rifles drawn. If Nolan was a different kind of director, I'd probably wonder what that all meant.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So did you find it more confounding than entertaining? Was it one big WTF?

9. britwrit

No, not really? I had to think about the last sequence for a little while after I saw it to really figure it out? But Nolan basically uses the time travel aspect when it's cool to do so, forgets about it when it's not.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Standoff at Sparrow Creek; like a Mamet movie. Keeps you guessing.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

One of the few books that I read cover to cover while in the slammer was "Dragon Tattoo." Stieg Larsson's book was amazing in detail and creativity and I was stunned to read that he died before it was published. Lisbeth Salander was the one character that I wanted to know more about, not only her back story but because of the way she solved the case and exposed the villian, only to get shunned by Blomkvist at the end. I need to check out his other two books.

Liut likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The trilogy was well worth the time. From that, I went into the Scandanavian books (which a Swedish friend recommneded) and dove into Henning Mankell. Give him a try, well written.

Liut and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted