1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And don't worry about the short run - each season ties off fairly well so you aren't left hanging.

Severian likes this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Salinger. 2013 bio. Good writer, as a person not so much.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I’m a couple years late but just watched BlacKKKlansman and thought it was fantastic.

Maybe even more current today then when it came out.

bigpern23 and Severian like this.
  4. John

John Well-Known Member

It's on Amazon Prime. Quite good.

Also really enjoyed Palm Springs on Hulu. Not always a big Samberg fan but I liked him a lot in this.

5. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I watched this last night, too, and really liked it.

garrow likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watched “Greyhound”, was really skeptical after the trailer looked very “meh”, sea scenes looked so CGI to me.

Well the movie was outstanding, very tight script and dialogue, sea scenes looked nothing like trailer. Really good, enjoyable watch.

garrow likes this.
  7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

If you enjoyed that, Hanks sat down with Dan Carlin for an hour to geek out over history. Might make a good companion piece.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

There's an album on Apple Music (the name escapes me) of the Hamilton soundtrack performed by rappers and hip-hop artists. Some of the songs, not all of them, are elevated by the performers. It's excellent.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Watching John Wick for the millionth time. Found a problem. Wick lives in NJ, as the plates from his 69 Mustang show. He pulls out of his garage with the dog and goes to the gas station. He pumps his own gas. No self service gas in NJ. No self service than Reek doesn’t approach the car, talk and see the dog. No Russian conversation.

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

The smoking gun.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Palm Springs was very well done.

garrow likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Watched The Old Guard on Netflix. It felt a bit like a more grounded re-imagining of The Highlander, though with much less swordplay and far fewer beheadings. The universe of the movie works differently, but it deals with many of the same themes and Charlize Theron plays a great bad ass.

I thought I had seen at the end that Greg Rucka wrote the screenplay. I wasn't surprised to find that he had. The characterizations, world building and characters are very much his style. I shouldn't have been surprised to find that it is based on a comic book he wrote for Image Comics either.

On another note, I found out from a friend who is an even bigger nerd than I am that Adrian Paul, the star of The Highlander television show, still does some acting, but he also trains people to use swords.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted