1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

That's amazing. Thanks for sharing that.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Slow West, a solid, little Western with Michael Fassbender, Ben Mendelsohn and Rory McCann.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Over on the Netflix, I stumbled across Killing Gunther. Arnold Schwarzenegger plays the world's best hitman, and a ragtag group of hitpeople set out to kill him so THEY can then be the world's best. It was entertaining. I chuckled. It was a good use of 93 minutes on a slow Monday evening.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Watched "Uncut Gems" last night.
    Never been a big Sandler movie fan. The everybody talking and yelling together at once always annoys me, and that's what a lot of that movie was.
    Ending was predictable.
    KG was OK.
    Decent storyline.
    3 toes out of 5.

5. Severian

For those who haven't seen it, the characters yelling over everyone is a plot device to build tension. The directors intended for this to stress the viewer out.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oh ok.
    That makes sense.
    Still stupid.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Gone With the Wind

8. Severian

SJW mobs are going after old Disney films because of their portrayals of people of color on screen. They are also pushing Disney to change the name of Splash Mountain because it's referenced in, according to them, a racist song.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure “Gone with the Wind” is not a Disney film.

“Song of the South” is the inspiration for Splash Mountain.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  10. Severian

You're correct on all counts. I've updated my post.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching some old Drivers Ed "scare" movies on Amazon Prime (thanks for the tip Wait Wait Don't Tell Me) the grim footage is horrendous - but the moralizing narration is even worse.
    Disappointed that the Red Asphalt franchise (courtesy of the California Highway Patrol) wasn't included. Scared the bejeesus out of me and I've been buckling my seatbelt ever since. Having a patrol officer say they've never "unbuckled a dead body" tends to do that. Red Asphalt was always the cherry on top that made those traffic school classes you would take to mitigate moving violations in California somewhat memorable.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Burglar (1957). Interesting little film noir with Jayne Mansfield's head attached.

The opening credits were all lowercase, which was very beat for the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted