1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

We love that movie. It’s just a great little movie that works all the way. Maybe too much a happy ending but the writing is first rate and so is the acting

3_Octave_Fart and playthrough like this.
  2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I just finished A Nasty Piece of Work, on Hulu. Man....it was strange. Clocks in at about 78 minutes, so it's not a long commitment. But it's not normal.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's very good. And oddly funny at moments. Then it veers into just about the saddest story possible.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

OK, boomer. (I know that's not what you're actually saying ;))

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You know, I'll claim that one. I own it. In 1967, when I was eleven, my mother took my brother and I to see a re-release of GWTW in 70mm at Lowes Grand Theater in downtown Atlanta. That's the old school movie palace where the film premiered. It burned down during an ice storm in 1977 or so.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Life Itself. Fantastic first chapter. The rest not so much. But still good overall.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Last Movie Star, Burt Reynolds's final film. Not sure how I feel about this one. A bit of a missed opportunity to tell a sharper story.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seemed a lot like The Hero with Sam Elliott - I dig Sam Elliott (who was pretty much playing a less successful version of himself) but it was a nothing story.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

It's an important topic, the loss of fame/relevance/usefulness and how people deal with it.

It all goes downhill from a powerful opening scene at the vet.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Creed 2, again. Fun to watch.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

OUATIH was about the loss of fame/relevance/usefulness, and how people deal with it.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

Draft saved Draft deleted