1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I met Cheryl Ladd when I was a news reporter covering George H.W. Bush’s appearance in Beaufort, SC. in 1988. She was part of his entourage. She was really surprised when I told her how much I enjoyed Purple Hearts.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

6?

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yeah. She was back then. A little shorter than what I expected. They always look taller in the movies.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

More like 26!

Might be hottest female ever.

Liut likes this.
  5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Because reviewers don't understand mission movies and don't understand movies where the characters serve the plot instead of the other way around. There's this fraternity of reviewers who denigrate movies for merely having a good plot and not character development to go with it. Ninety-nine percent of people don't watch movies that way though.

Many of the same shit was hashed out when Rogue One was out ... and that's one of the best mission/action movies ever made.

SFIND and bigpern23 like this.
  6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Chaplin was on this afternoon. Had not seen it in a quite a while. While I have not seen all of Downey's performances, was this one of his best, at least early in his career?

7. CD Boogie

Yeah he got nominated for an Oscar for that role.

Liut likes this.
  8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Looked up Wahl’s career because of these posts. Had no idea he was so secretive about his childhood or that his career ended because of a bad motorcycle wreck or that he is married to one of the Barbi twins.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Did not know that. I'm not surprised, though.

10. CD Boogie

Not a motorcycle wreck...

As his official biography describes the incident:

[In] August of 1992 ... Ken accidentally fell down some slippery marble stairs at a friend’s home, causing his neck to break and his spinal column to be injured. Because his friend was in the public eye, she asked Ken not to say where the accident occurred. So, later on, when the media inquired about the scar on his neck, Ken simply offered the explanation that he had broken his neck in a motorcycle accident, in a sincere effort to protect the privacy of his friend.[5]

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

his friend was Rodney Dangerfield’s gf

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The latest John Wick. The action is amazing. The plot was crafted by a toddler.

Draft saved Draft deleted