1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I saw "The American President" on HBO yesterday. This scene is still great, and so applicable today. Michael Douglas could really bring it back in the day.

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

The Black Knight? Do you mean The Dark Knight? If so, that's not Marvel, it's DC. However, Nolan's batman movies aren't even in the same league as MCU.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

The best years, ranked.

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Ready or Not. A horror film about a new bride who spends her wedding night trapped in a mansion as her new in-laws try to kill her. Satan - as happens - demands a blood sacrifice about every generation or the entire clan has to pay.

It's better than I make it sound.... but not enough for me to watch a second time to entangle all the symbolism. The lead character starts the night off in a spotless white gown. She ends it covered in blood . In between, she falls into a bloody pit and has to climb out, gets impaled by sharp objects and is bound and gagged twice.

The movie was collectively written and directed by four men. Even for a dullard like me, watching this film was like watching at least one of them murkily grapple with their issues around women's sexuality and childbirth.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Great sorkiny movie. Douglas does well.

But it took me about 20 seconds until my eyes rolled. The press listening without taking notes or shouting a question amid that political diatribe? Hah.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's not even close to some of the stuff in The West Wing he supplied Sheen - but not bad.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pixar. Next March.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Pain and Glory; what a beautiful journey in feeling a persons journey.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I just googled this specific info...."Sorkin has been known to say that much of the first season was actually taken from material he edited out of the first draft of The American President's script."
    I heard him talking about this on the Rewatchables podcast, Butch Cassidy episode.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

El Camino. I enjoyed it. A nice nod to Breaking Bad fans. Lots of fun cameos. But that’s sort of it. Kind of like a lost episode of BB. Good but maybe not necessary.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

His next movie is about the Chicago Seven trial which sounds cool.

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted