1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Thanks for recommendation. I read the oral history of the making of Caddyshack last year and Doug Kenney's story is really sad and dark.

Neutral Corner and heyabbott like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Late Night w. Mindy Kaling and Emma Thompson. on Amazon. Kaling obviously has insight into the late-night genre, yet I also get the impression she didn't want to burn too many friends within the industry. But seriously - a spanx joke in the first minute? Ugh. I expected better from Kaling.

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I don't know if has been mentioned somewhere on the board but there is a podcast called The Rewatchables. Actually it's Bill Simmons so I guess it has be ed n mentioned. Anyway, very enjoyable, they breakdown movies such as Jaws, Inglorious Basterds, The Godfather, Butch Cassidy, All the Presidents Men.

4. CD Boogie

Watching The Flintstones with my daughter and it might be the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever seen. Just lame in every way. Shit casting with Rosie O’Donnell, shit writing, crap humor, terrible sets and awful acting, including from the usually awesome John Goodman. Another cartoon that should never have been made into a film.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just watch Pixar films and you'll be set. Have they made a bad one yet? I loved the Toy Story ones, Up was fantastic, just saw Inside Out.

My kid favs (no Pixar) were the Madagascar movies, Kung Fu Pandas, and the last one I saw Zootopia.

BTW, saw a preview for Manificent last week and boy was I glad I did not have to see the female centric movies (no daughters), not interested at all. (Probably would feel differently if I had girls.)

6. CD Boogie

Oh yeah we love those Pixar films you mentioned. Up is one of my favorite movies ever. Problem is she’s seen them all innumerable times. Safe to say she won’t be clamoring to watch this steaming pile again.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s not surprising coming from Alamo Drafthouse. The chain probably wants to create as choice a viewing experience for malcontents as possible.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see Joker.

10. bigpern23

Wall-E was pretty terrible (though my kids inexplicably love it), Ratatouille wasn't very good and Inside Out was awful as well. A Bug's Life was pretty so-so. Finding Dory wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, either. Cars 2 might be the biggest piece of shit of all Pixar movies.

Still, with 21 films under their belts, that's a pretty good winning percentage.

11. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

You are not the target audience lol.

12. bigpern23

I get that, but they are capable of making movies that enjoyable for kids and adults. Brave, Cars, The Incredibles, Toy Story, Monsters Inc./University ... these are all great movies for kids and adults.

Draft saved Draft deleted