1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I read William Goldman's novelization (The "good parts" version of the original) and then watched him fight to get a film made for fifteen years. Goldman, a Hollywood insider, violated a cardinal rule of Hollywood to make it happen. He put his own money into the production. I've loved The Princess Bride since 1974, and I'm firmly in the "Don't you dare!" camp with regard to a remake.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Coppola's Cotton Club is being re-released October 11 in a director's cut.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ad Astra- really wanted to like it; buddy’s wife had line of year afterwards, we were talking about a key scene and she said “are you fu*king kidding me?!” Perfect.

I’m not saying don’t see it.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’m assuming that scene is the one in the trailer featuring a car chase and a shootout - on the moon. :rolleyes:

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The trailer makes it look like 'Space Cowboys II.'

Is there a Clint Eastwood cameo?

Does anyone say, 'I'm getting too old for this shit.' ?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes, the one where Bjork, off stage and in a fit of rage, ate her costume.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Nope. But the moon chase actually is no big deal in the whole.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We saw Downton Abbey on Friday night. Two theaters were apparently completely sold out for the weekend days in advance.

I liked the show and it was total fan service. Crowd was whiter than an NHL game.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Now that's funny. Did an actual SOL (snort out loud).

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Mrs. Spartan wanted to go opening night and ended up seeing an 8:15 showing. Figured the demographic audience would already be in bed by then, but the theater was actually 80 percent full. I was surprised.

Mrs. Spartan loved it and was giddy with nostalgia. I sat there thinking it was good but unconvinced it needed to be a feature-length movie.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A friend of ours is a little over the top and bought tix weeks ago for 20 of us with drinks after. It was the TV show, nothing more, which is a fine way to spend a suburban Friday night.

Draft saved Draft deleted