1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Just saw it. It was long, nonsensical and ultimately pointless. But I couldn't care less.

It was so well shot and acted I enjoyed myself immensely.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The first time I saw Pulp Fiction, I thought somebody had fucked up the editing process.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There are all sorts of luncheons and things in the late morning in L.A., right? It could have been a formal luncheon for some charity. It would make sense that Mr. Wolf has a respectable persona in the city, which would give him the connections to easily call in favors and cover things up. If he told the people in that ballroom knew what he was leaving the party to do they probably wouldn't believe him.
    As for needing him in the first place, they just accidentally shot a guy in a car. How long before someone -- if not a cop, then just a random person at a stoplight -- notices that and calls it in? They have to get off the road and get rid of the car and body.
    The blankets were also explained by the Wolf. They needed something dark and disposable that the blood wouldn't soak through, and that Bonnie wouldn't miss if she started rooting through the linen closet. The loud blankets were the best solution Jimmy could come up with in 30 seconds or less.
    A lot of the minor quibbles with that segment can be waved away with something The Wolf himself said -- "Time is a factor." They're on the clock to come up with a solution to a problem. If they don't come up with the absolute best solutions it's because they don't have time to think it out.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I would just say that the chance of some random driver calling it in was remote because the movie is set before cellphones were ubiquitous.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, even though it was a sloppy mess...but so is a Labrador, and they entertain the hell out of me too.

I am so looking forward to the sequel, Once Upon a Time In Brentwood, in which octogenarian lovers Rick Dalton and Cliff Booth are taking their pitbull, Brandy IV, out for a late night walk when they get into a racist-rant of an argument with a tall, black man wearing a black stocking-cap and ill-fitting gloves while carrying a knife and walking up the sidewalk in front of their townhome at 877 South Bundy Drive in the posh LA neighborhood of Brentwood on the night of June 12, 1994.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Went and saw "The Art of Racing in the Rain," starring Milo Ventimiglia (of "This Is Us"). It's a gentle, tame movie but still quietly affecting and I had a few tears in my eyes near the end.

It was better than I anticipated it being after I read that the story is told through the eyes of Enzo, the gold retriever sidekick of Ventimiglia's character, race-car driver Denny Swift. The dog is voiced by Kevin Costner.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just got back from Once Upon a Time.......
    Wife hated it. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie itself but Leo and Pitt are awesome together. The entire scene with him walking the dog is awesome. "And away we go!"
    Loved the music. I'm gonna have Brother Love stuck in my head all night.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch the director of one of the Italian movies?
    Antonio Margheriti.
    Same name as the "Italian Director" in Basterds.

11. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Joborowsky's Dune: 4/5

Great documentary on the greatest movie never made. Now, I'm motivated to read Dune.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What role did Seymour Scagnetti play?

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted