1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Whole movie was a mess, didn’t know if it wanted to be a drama or a satire

RonClements likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Marvel Comics has been publishing stories that oppose that mindset for decades, X-Men stories in particular. Of course, they've also had some ugly stereotypes, especially regarding women.

They have been moving to more diversity in the books for a while. That led to the creation of the Miles Morales Spider-Man, RiRi Williams as Ironheart and Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel.

3. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Just saw The Death of Stalin which is not a documentary nor some macabre work. It is much closer to a comedy than anything else - - although it's treatment of the events just before and just after the sudden death of Josef Stalin in 1953 is not all that far from what actually happened. Steve Buscemi plays Nikita Khrushchev; Michael Palin - of Monty Python fame - is Molotov. Definitely worth watching...

RonClements and heyabbott like this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Music and Lyrics and predictible, yet enjoyable addition to the rom-com genre. What makes it great? The "throwback 80s" video that introduces the Hugh Grant/Andrew Ridgely half of a famous pop duo. And yes - that's Jason Street from FNL as the George Michael half.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Aquaman

The best DC movie would be one of the 2-3 worst Marvel movies.

RonClements and bigpern23 like this.
  6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Quick quiz here, could also go on the TV thread.

What happens -probably- 95% of the time during a night scene in movies and tv.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

A light turns on?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Phone rings? or People enter the house/room and all of the lights are already on.

9. lakefront

No, it doesn't even have anything to do with darkness. People who create tv and film seem to think it has to happen though. I think most people don't even notice but I have and it always bugs me. Any guesses? I won't drag it out but would live to see what you come up with.
    It's in the background.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Are you talking about hearing crickets?

11. lakefront

Haha, I must be.

Answer is .............a dog barking.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

On the Basis of Sex was a pretty good. Felicity Jones is effective as RBG and does a decent accent and Armie Hammer towers over her literally. His Lone Ranger co-star Stephen Root is also in it.

RonClements likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted