1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Pryor did write a lot of Little's material, so he must have at least imagined himself saying and doing those bits.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least IMDB lists Blazing Saddles as the movie for which he is best known. They've got Superman III as the first film listed for Pryor. WTF?

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

BlacKkKlansman was really good. Timely.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I thought parts of that movie were broad enough to build a barn with it, but the ending knocked me out. My girlfriend wept.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Co-worker of mine saw it in the theater and said the ending completely silenced the audience.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hereditary— I love scary/thriller movies but this one was ridiculous to me. Some brutal parts; Collette is wonderful but just lost me at end.

Severian likes this.
  7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Sorry to Bother You: I enjoyed it immensely. Reminded me a lot of Kurt Vonnegut in that it was a “sci-fi” film that felt nothing like a sci fi film. Some great layers and visuals to the story telling. Fantastic dialogue as well. One of the more interesting movies I have seen in a long time.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Was very entertaining. Quite different than what I expected. Really goes bonkers in the last half hour. Trailer does enough to get you interested; then they give you a totally different movie.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't want to say anything about it to give it away, but it's almost worth seeing the movie just for the last couple of minutes. You'd have to have a crazy hard heart not to get a physical feeling from watching it.

garrow likes this.
  10. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Saw Creed II. Predictable, as Rocky movies tend to be, but still pretty decent.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Loved the Drago storyline; the end most of all. Hard to believe that after, what 7? films, its still captivating.

Tweener likes this.
  12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The ending was the only part that was any good.

Draft saved Draft deleted