1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Blue Jasmine. Watched it on Netflix last night. Can see why Cate Blanchett got an Oscar. What a performance.

Alma likes this.
  2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Blanchett is a queen.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Funny, we were just talking about this last night at my shop.

The story about Sears filing for bankruptcy reminded me that, back in my hometown of Chicago, hugely popular AM radio station WLS was founded by Sears ("World's Largest Store"). As a kid, WLS was the soundtrack for many summer adventures around the Midwest ... it played popular music from the 1960s through the 1980s and could be heard several states away, especially at night.

Many a transistor radio at the beach, campground or a kid's bedroom would be tuned to WLS in the 1970s and (early to mid) 1980s.

qtlaw likes this.
  4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Papa Hemingway in Cuba - spent a night in Havana on a cruise ship stop in May. Loved this movie and seeing where I had been myself.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Train to Busan -- good apocalyptic zombie flick from South Korea. Some people in South Korea get on a train one morning just as a zombie outbreak takes over the country. The passengers see news reports, calling it a bunch of riots. Of course, an infected person gets on the train at the last second and starts turning others on the train into zombies. Once infected, they act like the zombies in World War Z -- very fast and agile and strong and acting together as a horde. Some good action scenes of fighting on the train, train stations, good death scenes, good characters. And the rights were just auctioned off for the inevitable and probably inferior American remake.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Such an interesting movie. Because her character has a kind of moral center to her. It's barely there. But it's there.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sounds like the real-life world of every Amtrak I took between ABQ and LA.

maumann, Batman and Fred siegle like this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A Star is Born. Excellent. Really. Definitely worth seeing and seeing where there’s a great sound system. Lady Gaga is not in any playlist I would ever put together but she’s great with an awesome voice. It’s not just the booming sound, but she has a wonderful range. Andrew Dice Clay does good work. Cooper will probably get a directing nomination on his first effort

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

First Man; excellent in putting you in the rocket. Really made me think WTF?? What are we doing here? (Regarding the risks being taken)

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'm seeing this tonight in IMAX. I'm PUMPED.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Gemini 8 scene in First Man is incredible.

Draft saved Draft deleted