1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The House - Will Ferrell needs a hit movie pretty bad. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up back on TV. I'd say he could use a role playing a truly bad guy - but I think every minute you'd expect him to burst out laughing. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Saw it today, and you're absolutely correct.

It's titled 'Won't You Be My Neighbor' for a reason ... while the film is certainly about Fred Rogers and his "ministry to children" through his uplifting TV show, it's also about the lack of kindness and consideration for fellow human beings that exists today, 15 years after his death and nearly 20 years after his show ended.

A great documentary, with funny moments and poignant moments galore. Lots of sniffles in the theatre toward the end of the movie.

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  3. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Also one of my favorite movies. Kate Hudson is awesome. If I'm flipping channels and it's on, I watch. Slow start, great ending.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I wonder how many more movies Amy Poehler gets where she's anywhere close to the lead. (Then again, Kate McKinnon gets starring roles.)

5. DanOregon

I don't think she's a lead. She's better being the nutty person. She and Fey tried to switch "roles" in Sisters and it just didn't work. Maybe she plays someone who tries to convince herself (and others) she has it all together, but loses it and inopportune times.

Watched Blade Runner 2049. Could have shaved a half hour off that thing and it would packed more of a wallop. I dig everyone involved, but it had to be the quietest movie with the longest gaps between dialogue of a movie I can remember - maybe since 2001.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He's got a Sherlock Holmes movie coming out that has him as Holmes and John C. Reilly as Watson, so that will make a ton of money

7. DanOregon

I don't know. You can always sense a movie actor or actress is worried when they go back to a genre you had thought they had moved on from.

See Johnny Depp going back and doing another Pirates movie.

Vince Vaughn teeming up with Owen Wilson.

Matthew McConaughey doing a movie with Kate Hudson.

Will Smith doing another Men in Black or Bad Boys.

If Pitt, Damon or Clooney agree to do another Oceans....

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The Big Lebowski on the big screen Wednesday night. Ben Mankiewicz with the intro and closeout, in TCM fashion.

Gf surprised me with it - kept saying, keep August 8th open for a “date”. She wouldn’t tell me what it was. I figured it was some show/play or worse, a fucking opera. I checked what was showing around Baltimore and DC, and couldn’t figure it out.

And @Chef2:

EEEB0B87-8FD8-4221-ABB1-A935D9824C90.jpeg

And the perfect gift for that special someone:

6A33529C-ED18-4345-A512-B59D128FA28D.jpeg

Chef2 likes this.
  9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't know if we can be friends anymore ...

Vombatus likes this.
  10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Took the kids to The Incredibles 2 yesterday, the first theater experience for our 3-year-old. It's the longest film Pixar has ever made, and it showed with a bit of fussiness from the 3-year-old in the middle, but it was a fun experience and the movie was well worth the wait. As a fan of the original, I thought this lived up well to its predecessor. It was probably a little funnier (Jack Jack and Frozone's roles getting expanded played well), but the action was still top notch. They did a great job showing the supers using their powers.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The script floated around in Hollywood for a long time, and by the time it got made in the 90s it already felt pretty dated.

If you did a good job remaking it today it would be a lot different. The money would flow through the shoe companies, AAU programs and agents, not boosters.

If you wanted to have a protagonist coach with an internal moral conflict, it wouldn't be "should I cheat to win?" It would be "don't these guys deserve some of the money anyway?"

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" was among the Netflix movie choices. Hadn't seen it since it came out. Still an all-time great "sci-fi" movie.

One thing that's different from 15 years ago: How would you erase all images/memories of your ex on the internet/social media? This movie came out a couple years before that was an issue for most people.

Draft saved Draft deleted