1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Tomb Raider. Vikander was a solid choice for the role and the movie was fairly entertaining. Plus, it had the always awesome Walton Goggins as the villain and Nick Frost had a funny cameo.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Journey's End. Stumbled across it on Amazon -- Wikipedia told me after the fact it's the latest remake of a famous British play. Set in the trenches leading up the Spring offensive of 1918. Superb acting.

Dog8Cats likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Animal House. Because I had somehow never seen it.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

"Love Simon" what a great little movie. Powerful in subtle scenes. Most people will think of the scene with his mom, but man, as a father, that one with the lead and his father was dead on and got me.

Spoiler alert.
    In the lead up, I was very disappointed in the dad, his over the top hetero jokes and then his almost non-response when Simon comes out, I'm yelling "do something, tell him you love him nonetheless", then Josh Duhamel tells him after Simon tells him he knew about 4 years ago "I should have known, I should have been there for you for those four years...." I told my son the next day I have always tried to be the guy who would NOT say "sorry I missed that for four years."

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, then Jurassic World in IMAX. Big let down. Bad, obvious storyline. Nothing really new. Dinosaurs doing the same as they have always done.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It was Jurassic Park in a house. My wife really grabbed hold of some of the ethical questions being asked with regard to man's responsibility to animals. She is also someone who was going to like a movie about dinosaurs no matter what. It was an ok summer movie. Not offensive just not great.

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Saw Dunkirk on a recent flight....

War is brutal and horrific and brings out the worst in people. Then the last twenty minutes is Hooray for Britain.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I have always loved the story of Dunkirk and seeing the boats arrive got me choked up.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Commitments (getting retro); fun look at Dubliners in 80's

Neutral Corner and Buck like this.
  11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I could've done with more with the traditional upbeat story. Or, failing that, continued on with the grim. This particular mix of the two just didn't work for me.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Love the movie.
    Love the CD.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted