1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Easy, man, you’re gonna kill him.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Birdman, finally.

I... um... I'm not sure I get it.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Post. Solid entertainment, great ensemble. But Hanks is simply no match for Jason Robards as Ben Bradlee.

Neutral Corner and Liut like this.
  4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Swing Vote. Hadn't seen it previously. It's stupid, but has some funny moments.

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Finally watched The Road. It was well done, but maybe because I read the book, I never fealt the sense of dread the book conveys.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Looks fascinating.

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I am all over that.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Three Billboards. Great acting (been a big fan of Sam Rockwell since Galaxy Quest) but thought overall it disappointed.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally saw the Darkest Hour - I figured Oldman at 5-8 was shorter than Churchill - he's actually two inches taller. Who knew?
    Thought Ben Mendelsohn was terrific as the King.

10. Despicable Me 3 .. Turned it off, because I was falling asleep. I don't know what it was, but something was missing. It wasn't very funny or entertaining.
    The Salvation .. a Netflix western with Madds Mikkeslon, the girl from Penny Dreadful and Negan. It was Ok. Not great, but a decent western is better than a lot of things.
    American Masters: Bob Hope.... 2 hour PBS bio on Bob Hope. It was good, I always thought Hope was hilarious. This was the 1st time I heard about his prodigious affairs. Good job with how out of touch and unpopular he became as comedy changed in the 1970s and Hope, with his strong pro-war stance, fell from popularity.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Page One: Inside the New York Times on Hulu. Engrossing.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

You Were Never Really Here. Starring Joaquin Phoenix.

It was absolutely terrible. Probably the worst movie I’ve seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted