1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There's another unintentional comedy bit in Part 2.
    Toward the end, Loomis is investigating Michael's break-in at the elementary school and his assistant shows up to give him some information. As they're talking in the hall, there's a janitor in the background buffing floors -- at what is probably about 1 a.m., on a night where a homicidal maniac has killed a number of people at several locations in the town, and at a place where said homicidal maniac has made an appearance.
    Some things just can't be put off, I guess.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Just re-watched La La Land on Netflix. Still liked it.

Maybe it's her eyebrows but Emma Stone slipped effortlessly into the Hollywood niche that Lindsay Lohan threw away.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I liked the new Thor, ranking behind the 1st Avengers and 1st Guardians of the Galaxy in the MCU. (Deadpool excluded). It’s the most comic book movie of the lot. Not campy like the Val Kilmer or George Clooney Batmans. But the CSI is at the point where almost everything in a comic book can be put on the screen. Lots of fights and actions, and fun. Spoiler: Matt Damon.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The scene with the play on Asgard is great, simply for the cameos and for how Thor handles it.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Saw LBJ this weekend because Murder on Orient Express was sold out. A nice reminder of sure how politics worked in the 60's with "Southern Democrats" but at least things got done, deals made. Bobby Kennedy doesn't come off the best but I have no idea what he was like in real life. Woody did a nice job as LBJ.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

F8 of the Furious - I don't expect a lot of thought to go into these scripts, but it was a mess. But as long as The Rock is involved, I am too. Please though - enough with the "family" BS. Wouldn't mind if the finish off the franchise with a "Cannonball Run" inspired plot.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just returned from a preview of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

Outstanding. Movie of the year? Perhaps.

Three is the over/under on Oscar nominations. Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell, and screenwriter are shoe-ins.

Audience laughed as if it were a comedy. And there are some very funny lines and scenes.

Will be both a critical and financial success.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Cool, saw preview looked great, Moviepass here we come!

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I may check it out based on your recommendation, but the trailer I saw looked awful. Maybe it's just because Bryan Cranston knocked it out of the park on that HBO movie last year, but I thought Woody looked like he had a bad Halloween mask on.

10. Read on review of Justice League... Reviewer (a woman) was not a fan.
    I'll be honest, the previews don't appeal to me.

More reviews coming in... It's bad, but not Superman V. Batman bad.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's so true. Stone isn't a natural redhead - she's a blonde. Apparently a much nicer person than Lohan as well. Everybody is replaceable in Hollywood.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

At my Three Billboards screening, they had the actors pictures all up on the screen before the movie started. Woody Harrelson is in it, and the woman beside me started commenting on his recent movies. She spoiled the ending to War For the Planet of the Apes, which I have on DVD waiting to watch. Then she started talking about LBJ, saying that Woody is playing Lyndon Bird Johnson in that movie. She said it twice.

Draft saved Draft deleted