1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The review I heard on the radio said the same thing, i.e. half the people in the theater walked out. That definitely gives me pause.

Then again, a lot of people walked out on Clerks 2, as well.

Extremely general observation ahead, but I'll use the tag anyway:

I sneaked a peek at some spoilery stuff, and all I'll say is, my "too fucked up" premonition has nothing to do with the amount of gore, but rather the subject through which the gore is presented.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This review is pretty far from 'terrible.'
    mother! Movie Review & Film Summary (2017) | Roger Ebert

The trailers are really intriguing. I'd like to see it.
    Might not get to it, but will definitely catch it later if we can't see it in the theater.

3. Ok, I read the plot ... WTF?
    Why would this be a major studio pick?
    I have ZERO interest seeing this.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's self-serving Hollywood garbage.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Looks pretty interesting to me.

6. Yeah, but you're weird.

QYFW likes this.
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I cannot and will not dispute that.
    What you say is the simple, unvarnished truth.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"It" was so, so good.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

So, the more I think about "It," I'm not sure I can think of a better horror movie I've seen, with the exception of "Jaws." I feel like I must simply be forgetting one (or several), but in the immediate period after seeing the film, "It" feels like the second-best horror movie I've ever seen.

Someone mentioned "The Exorcist" to me, but I didn't see that film until around 2004, so it didn't do much for me. I doubt I'd put it in my top 10.

"The Shining" would be in the neighborhood of my favorite horror film, but I think "It" was probably better. "A Nightmare on Elm Street" deserves some consideration, but again, "It" creeped me out more.

Some may scoff, but I saw "The Blair Witch Project" opening night and that was probably the scariest movie I've seen in a theater before last night.

Someone convince me that "It" isn't one of the t0p five horror movies of all-time.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched Dr. Strange. I don't think I need to see a sequel. The visual effects were cool, but I felt like I should have been taking notes to understand all the "rules" that they were supposed to follow.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Blair Witch was so original and so suspenseful; a great combo.

I love horror flicks and can't wait to see "It".

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Finally went to see Spider-man: Homecoming today. Somehow, some way, it was still playing in a theater near me, and it wasn't even a dollar theater. Blew my mind.
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, but something else blew my mind.

One of my odd lifelong quests is to go to a movie and be the only one (or the only group if I'm with someone) in the theater. Not sure why, other than that it's never happened. I've been close a few times, where there were only a few other people there, but I think the closest I've ever come was when I was 13 and saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II with some buddies and another group walked out 10 minutes into it.
    So anyway, I figured today might be a good chance to end the streak. I went to a 1:25 p.m. showing, on a Tuesday in late September, for a movie that has been out for three months.
    The streak is alive. Four other people were there.
    I'm firmly convinced that getting a completely private screening has to be among life's rarest occurrences.

Draft saved Draft deleted