1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Got a link to any that do have digs at Trump?

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

No links at this time, my friend. Maybe later.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I figured. You've got nothing as usual.

4. cisforkoke

Later, grasshopper.

5. cisforkoke

We Need Movies Like ‘Wonder Woman’ Just To Feel Good About Something

'Wonder Woman' Review: 'Far From Flawless, But One of the Best Superhero Films in Years'

The second one just refers to the "political and cultural climate." So I guess you could say that one might put the blame on raging radicals on both sides. Or perhaps not.

That one also has some amusing flaws. First, it pokes fun at the need to introduce romance between Steve Trevor and Diana Prince. Um, dimwit, that explains why she ended up in Europe for World War I.

Second, it refers to Bane as a "home-run villain." No. His RAW was microscopic in his first film appearance and not a whole lot better the second time around.

There is another link yet to come, O2P. Which will break first: your spirit or your body?

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Finally got to "Lion" in my Netflix queue. Best movie I've seen in a long time.

Struck by two things: First, Nicole Kidman makes so many awful movies I keep forgetting what an amazing actress she is. Second, for a destitute laborer in a poverty-stricken country, Saroo's mom sure had gorgeous teeth.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

She really does make a lot of bad flicks, such that I had the exact same reaction watching her in HBO's "Big Little Lies" (which was very good). She really was excellent in that. Trying to get the wife to watch "Lion," but we haven't had time lately.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk.

It was terrible. Fell completely flat. Whole thing felt canned, faked. Performances were wooden.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Never had much of an impression of Kidman until I saw her in To Die For. She was great in The Others and The Family Fang as well. But really - you need to see her in Rabbit Hole.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

With D-Day and Father's Day this month, I ran across "The Longest Day" and watched it last night. All three hours, and never a moment when I felt this movie was dragging or boring. This movie came out in 1962, it's 55 years old. Unbelievable cast for a movie in which there was no established "star," no one actor dominating the movie. The guy who played Eisenhower looked exactly like him. I had to check to see if Ike was actually playing himself in the movie (it wasn't). The credits at the end were done in alphabetical order since there wasn't a lead actor, so Eddie Albert was first and John Wayne last.

11. The Mechanic Ressurection.
    I am a sucker for Jason Statham movies. This one is his worst. God, it is awful.

Also rewatched The Missing.

12. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Reading the second review, I was astounded at how stupid the script sounded in the cold light of day. I mean, I really enjoyed it.
    Gal Gadot did a really good job at humanizing a cartoon character whose main quest was the equivalent of trying to make the world safe for Smurfs and unicorns. She wasn't as good as Christian Bale in the Dark Knight trilogy but he at least had some grounding in realism to work with.

Draft saved Draft deleted