1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Saw "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" recently. Fun movie, like the first, but I liked the music from the first movie better. Although there is a scene with Yondu, Rocket and Baby Groot with "Come a Little Bit Closer" by Jay and the Americans in the background that is utterly fantastic. .

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Tonight I saw "War Machine," the Netflix movie with Brad Pitt playing a character based on Gen. Stanley McChrystal.
    It tries real hard to be a wicked war satire, but just fell short for me. The acting seemed rather stilted and the characters pretty one-dimensional.
    But, there was an uncredited cameo at the end that I got a big kick out of, so there's that.

3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Saw the new Alien movie. The aliens have evolved to be even deadlier. The crew members are even thicker and slower on the uptake. Plus, as bonus suck, the film mostly jettisons looking into the mystery/plot lines of Prometheus.

The weird thing is that the more marginal a character was, the better the performance the actors who portrayed them gave. There are a couple of red shirts in the first act who really shine before they get ripped apart. But aside from that quirk, there's nothing really to recommend this.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  4. Magnificent Seven. Very good!
    Best Western remake Hollywood has done in a while. Much better than Rooster Cogburn and 3:10 to Yuma remakes.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That is disappointing. I really like 'Prometheus.' It's really my favorite part of the franchise.
    I like its ambition and the themes it attempted to tackle, even if, in the end, it was not as well executed as the original 'Alien.'

6. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Saw "Wonder Woman" last night. Gal Gadot is so awesome. Terrific casting. Hard to see anyone else playing Wonder Woman better.

The movie was enjoyable and charming, but a bit too preachy, especially toward the end. It's like the director/producer panicked and rushed dialogue in case no one could figure out what Diana's M.O. is, even if it's blatantly obvious. B-.

7. Introduced my kids to UHF.
    Still pretty funny.

Bradley Guire likes this.
  8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I watched the documentary Senna again the other night. I've seen it a bunch but it stands up to repeat viewings, and I really recommend it if you haven't seen it. It's moving and cleverly made.

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I am interested, but not enough to go see it.

However, I am interested in the latest strife on how to "review the movie properly." I am already getting similar vibes to the Ghostbusters remake -- anyone who doesn't LOVE IT is sexist/ignorant, etc. Also, I think every positive review so far has managed to work in a dig at PRESIDENT TRUMP.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I had not seen those, hence the "so far" in the earlier post.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted