1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Kong is waaaay better than I thought it would be. If you want to see a gargantuan gorilla fight everything in sight, including all kinds of creepy monsters, this is the movie for you. The characters are decent and the acting solid, so it's OK in that realm. Story's kinda dumb, but all you need to do is get them to a place where we get to see a garagntuan gorilla fight everything in sight, including all kinds of creepy monsters. So it works.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just wanna see a giant monkey tear shit up. Then fight Godzilla. I don't give a shit about the characters.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Looks intriguing.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just saw Kong and it was a good popcorn movie. Really nothing new to add to what was already said except in waiting for the end credits scene I noticed one of the assistants was named Nguyen The Hung. Guy has to be a legend.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Let's just say he was born on Skull Island, if you catch my drift.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Saw Get Out. It was one of those theaters with assigned seats, and I kicked a mixed-race couple out of our seats before the show. That was awkward. Liked it, but kept thinking Jordan Peele should have played the TSA friend.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I tip my cap to you

Batman likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Get Out...

SPOILER

just me, but I knew just enough about it going in to know Alison Williams was in on the scheme, but, that said, she was damn convincing as the honey pot.

The movie was OK. It was original and interesting in its own way, but I'm not sure the villains' literal appropriation is akin to the figurative kind of cultural appropriation that happens today.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Life: great special effects and some fantastically gory special effects, if you're into that sort of thing. Ultimately, though, I found it bland and cookie-cutter. Watching clueless characters get slaughtered has lost its charm.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I saw Kong tonight. Characters were very shallow, which I put on the writers because there were some seriously good actors in that movie. Brie Larson is not one of them, but she's awful purdy.

Was it just my theater, or did they not show the Godzilla scene? I could hear the dialog, but the screen was kind of orange. I'd see that movie. Not one with nothing but an orange screen, the one with Godzilla, especially if he picks up a bus and throws it back down. Oh no, there goes Tokyo, go go Godzilla. Yeaaaaaa!

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Get Out.

Really well done on all levels. Liked the guy who plays Chris and thought the brother brought a whole lot of Ledger's Joker to his part.

Draft saved Draft deleted