1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes again, and it's really amazing how much better the reboot is than the original.

I still say Andy Serkis deserved an Oscar nomination, even if his character was CGI.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Blu-Ray disc had a special feature that allowed you to toggle between scenes with the CGI Caesar and live-action Serkis, and it's incredible how well the CGI artists translated Serkis's movements to the screen. Caesar truly was a performance by Serkis, even if it required a team of artists to help bring it to life.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just got home from the Oscar-nominated shorts. Two were about immigration. One I thought was stupid, the other -- an interrogation of a man trying to gain French citiznship -- was excellent. My favorite was one of a woman who waves at the bullet train every day from her window and strikes up a correspondence with the engineer. Hope it wins.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Some lowbrow viewings lately...
    The Lincoln Lawyer
    Frank & Lola
    John Carpenter's Christine

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Inglourious Basterds.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

A fine film, but not the cultural touchstone Pulp Fiction is.

Does True Romance count as a Tarantino film?

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

How was that? I have Frank and Lola on my Amazon watchlist and almost watched it last night.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Cliffhanger with Sly Stallone. Should have won an Oscar for cinematography and cheesy dialogue.

Bradley Guire likes this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Kill the Irishman," on cable last night. It was surprisingly good. Lots of sorta big names and stereotypical goombas from gangster films. Cleveland made good use of the car bomb back in the day.

CD Boogie likes this.
  10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I saw that on DVD a few years ago. I really liked it, became a fan of Ray Stevenson, and the supporting cast wasn't shabby either. My DVD also had a mini-doc on the real Danny Greene, which I found very interesting.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Race' = disappointing
    Such a great story, and I didn't think the movie did it justice.

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I enjoy most anything Shannon does even if I'm not crazy about the movie. But it's a very noir throwback erotic thriller. They don't make movies like this anymore. Feels a little long even though it's 90 minutes. It's worth the rental.

Draft saved Draft deleted