1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last-minute Seattle travel advice, we're going this week!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Aug 3, 2010.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Re: Seattle travel advice

While I was there, got to spend some time around one of the Pike Place security guards. I'd heard that about 90 percent of the people in King County toke up. Security guard said that was probalby pretty accurate. So the group I was with walked around watching people. "Think he's a 90 percenter?" "Yeah, definitely." All of which is to say, if you want weed, I'm guessing it's pretty easy to come by in Seattle.

2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Second the idea you should take in a Mariners' game at SAFECO - - one of the best baseball parks in the country.

Dining in Seattle should focus on seafood because it is fresh and there are lots of places that prepare it wonderfully. Two seafood focused eateries to consider:

1. FX McCrory's: About 2 blocks from SAFECO and right across the street from the large parking lot adjoining QWest Field.

2. Anthony's Home Port: There are several of these around the Seattle area; I hav eaten at two of them and both were very good.

Enjoy. Seattle is a great city...

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Seafood is my favorite so I'm sure that will be on the agenda. Booked our flight last night. Only 34 more days! (Yes, we're flying on Sept. 11.)

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Any more help would be much appreciated if anybody has any more advice. We're staying at the Sheraton Seattle near the convention center. Is a shuttle the best way to get there from the airport?

Draft saved Draft deleted