1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last go round for Arnie?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Are you sure you're not thinking of Sam Snead? It was the slammer who conked a fan, -- excuse me, Patron -- during a ceremonial start in 2002.

Is there anyone remotely associated with golf who really believed Arnie would stay away from Augusta? While he should have quit playing at Augusta years ago, he will be a welcome starter.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Arnie should drive it right into Hootie's breadbasket.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Gary Player is a tool.

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

When my mother was in the first stages of breast cancer, Gary Player treated her like a queen. Which she wasn't. I'm not knocking anyone else's assessment of Player, but despite his ego he is a good guy at heart. A tough little bastard too.

And there isn't another one.

[Don't want to kick this thread back to the top, but an observation. When someone makes an empassioned personal statement like mine, it often kills the thread; seems no one wants to contradict something so personal. It wasn't my intent to squelch those who don't care for Player. There always have been plenty of people like that, both golfers and journalists.]

Draft saved Draft deleted