1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last day on the job

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, May 28, 2009.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This is my last day on the job here. I move to a new city for a new job this weekend and start next week.

My last story is done. I'm waiting for approval from the source (this isn't a newspaper job), but I'll get that this afternoon. The boss is out, but other co-workers are here. I'm supposed to work until 5.

What should I do between now and then? I know SportsJournalists.com will not fail me.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Grab the flask out of the bottom drawer and take a swig.

3. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Dick.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Take all the Bs off the keyboards.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Grab as many office supplies as you can.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Go to the greasiest joint in town and order as much as you can eat.
    Then fine the nicest toilet in the building and do your work. Do. Not. Flush.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

SONUVABITCH! I packed flasky last night.

Do you know where I work?

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

You have any eggs? Crack em open behind the old filing cabinet that hasn't been moved in years.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You _astard! I still can't get the company to _uy me a new key_oard. You are so _ogus, TSP.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Proposition the boss' wife. Getting illicit head in the parking lot is a great way to say goodbye.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Uh ... my boss doesn't have a wife.

Rusty's suggestion is quality. I have two eggs at home.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Switch people's chairs around. Then sit back and laugh when they sit back down, get all fidgety, and try to figure out why the chair doesn't feel quite right.

If you're the vindictive type, go into your story filing system and delete as much wire copy as you can. Either open it, delete it and save it that way, or just move it into the delete queue.

Draft saved Draft deleted