1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last day of Lent 2011 ... how'd you do?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm not religious, so I don't have to give something up for lent, but I try to do something anyway for the challenge of it.
    This year was a little different - I gave up not drinking coffee and not eating eggs. I don't drink coffee and don't eat eggs - so I like not drinking coffee and not eating eggs - and don't particularly like either, so it's been tough.
    Drank a coffee, no problem.
    Mrs. Rhody is making me and egg, bacon, sausage and cheese sandwich on an English Muffin. I hate squishy food, so I hope I can keep it down.

2. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

I failed. I forgot to eat a hamburger yesterday.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I might have had one or two things with chocolate over the last six weeks, but that's it. Did pretty well on the meat thing too. I've always felt it wasn't so much about denying oneself - but of making the conscious decision when you have the choice of chocolate/meat/coffee etc.

4. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

I made the choice to have chicken twice.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I bit the sandwich and couldn't gum it down.
    I'm kind of bummed I didn't like it, because my wife's breakfast foods look amazing, but I'm also happy because this means I haven't been wrong about how I feel about eggs for the last 25 years.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Stayed away from meat on Fridays, didn't kill anyone... so far, so good.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No pop at all, which is amazing considering how much I usually drink.

9. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

That would have been entertaining.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I didn't buy clothes, shoes, wine or CDs in those 40 days ... save for the two CDs I picked up with Mr. Cougar-bestowed gift card.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Pretty good on no meat. I come with two auto exceptions - birthday, camping trip - not counting them. I ate meat twice. So i feel pretty good about it.
    shoutout to mustang - christos anesti

Draft saved Draft deleted