1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Comic Standing season finalé (now with spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Here we go, Ty vs. Josh Blue for all the marbles.

They brought back each of the past three winners. In order of funniness, it went Alonzo Bodden, Dat Phan and John Heffron.

Jay Mohr came out and was pretty good. Highlight clips from the QM this season were gay.

Now Ty's on followed by Blue followed by the announcement of the

LAST

COMIC

STANDING

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Re: Last Comic Standing season finalé

Please keep me posted. I'm rooting for Josh, he'd be damned funny even if he didn't have CP.

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Your fourth Last Comic Standing is...

Josh Blue!

Ty had the better set tonight (marginally) but Josh brings home the cheese. Good for him, I guess.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Seeing Heffron and Bodden on stage tonight just confirmed that this was indeed the...

WORST.

SEASON.

EVER.

Ty Barnett was way better than Josh Blue (as was Chris Porter), who basically recycled the same old act every time in the finals. Hate to tell Josh this, but Gabriel blackberry jokes won't be funny on a Bravo special.

I stand by my original statement. This was a travishamockery.

5. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

none of them were anything special or anything original. a bunch of blah throughout the season.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Disappointing. Ty Barnett is soooo much funnier than Josh Love. No desire to see a Josh comedy special -- after five minutes, he's running the same joke. Jay Mohr had me scared for a few minutes, but he got going.

Why do they have Anthony Clark host if they don't let him be funny? Just worried he'll dwarf the contestants (no, not a Rebecca joke)? I've seen Clark perform, and he can be great, but all season, they might as well have had Anderson Cooper introducing the acts.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I really like Josh .... he made me laugh more than most of the other guys. Definitely think Ty Barnett was the close second. Though I worry - how many palsy jokes can you really come up with?

Anthony Clark has so many foul-ups on last night's show and he *always* looked nervous, as though he'd never been on stage before.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Man, if you thought the winners from seasons 1 and 2 proved anything about this year's show, I gotta disagree. Alonzo Bodden was definitely funny. But Heffron and Phan were absolute wrecks. Chris Porter and Ty run circles around those guys.

It's a shame the finals didn't come down to Porter and Ty. By far the funniest on the show this year.

This show is never great, yet I continue to watch for the six or seven chuckles out of each episode.

Funniest joke of the year, for me, came from Joey Gay:

"Why are there no Palestinian pitchers? They've been throwing rocks over there for 3,000 years."

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I was for a short time good friends with Chris Porter. That said, Ty Barnett was easily the funiest of any of the comics on the show. Josh Blue died in consecutive weeks, basically playing off his disability and relying on people to laugh at his right arm.
    Not funny. Ty got screwed.
    Can't wait to see Chris live again.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought Josh Blue was funny, but I can't imagine him having any kind of career in comedy... He'll get his Bravo special and then we'll never hear from him again much like Heffron, Bodden and Phan...

I like Bodden and I've seen Heffron live and he was good, but I don't think any of them are going to be in movies or on network TV anytime soon...

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Agreed and agreed. However, biggest laugh of the night for me came from Josh Blue: "And to Dan Phan, I'm sorry Gabriel ate your family."

Now ... through four seasons, who are your top five who have appeared on the show.

Mine?

Kathleen Madigan
    Jim Norton
    Rich Vos
    Jay London
    And one of these three: Ralphie May, Cory Kahaney, Alonzo Bodden and Dave Mordal

No. 3,477: Ant

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

My top five from LCS:

1. Bodden
    2. Madigan
    3. Mordal
    4. Heffron
    5. Inglesias

Draft saved Draft deleted