1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My family and I really enjoyed that series. I can't believe I am saying this, but I am looking for Georgia_Nicholls State game on September 10.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He won't be starting against Clemson.

Four things to know about Auburn now that Sean White is starting at quarterback

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Most of the players in #LastChanceU say football is important to build a better future and life, but don't commit to doing what's necessary.
    It's really a shame that none of the young men in #LastChanceU ever really get it. Opportunity, education, support...nothing computes.
    There is no way in hell I'd want a family member of mine to play for such a foul-mouthed hothead like Buddy Stephens.
    Brittany Wagner, Isaiah Wright and the assistant coaches are really the only likeable people in #LastChanceU. Everyone else is awful, especially the whiny jackass John Franklin III. And, how does nobody notice that DJ Law ignoring the countless warnings by his coaches by getting up and pushing the guy who hit him late started the entire brawl?

6. poindexter

Sorry, I am willing to cut Ollie some slack about his pouting and immaturity, seeing as his dad shot and killed his mom, then shot himself while running from the cops.

I found most of the worst moments of the players during the series were when they had to deal with the jackass head coach.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I just think it's really nice that the jackass head coach ends every profanity-laced team meeting with the Lord's Prayer. #Classy

poindexter likes this.
  8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The most painful parts to watch for me were when the academic advisor was talking to a pair of players in her office, trying to help them god bless her, and both of them had their headphones on and were looking down at their phones.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The relationship with the players was odd in that way. It seemed like her office was a place to just come by and hang out at times, but as you point out they don't show her a lot of respect. I was expecting her to flip out and scream at them to put all that shit away when she was talking with them.

10. poindexter

My wife went fucking berserk watching that scene. Or one of the scenes when they were in her office fiddling with their phones.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm sure those kids would have responded very well to her yelling and screaming at them.

12. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

The disrespect paid to Wagner was simply amazing and frustrating. I think it was DJ Law, another one of the whiners who thankfully finally got it when finals rolled around, who said they didn't know if Wagner actually cared or if she was doing her job. Clearly, it was both. I wanted to snatch the phones out of every one of those kids and just toss it.
    And, yeah, Stephens cursing up a storm and belittling his players minutes before leading them in the Lord's Prayer was quite the juxtaposition.

Draft saved Draft deleted