1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Independence dude, and I don't think it's even close.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

On field...no doubt...In terms of the whole personality package Buddy Stephens is probably just as bad if not worse, but he's got a better system of protection around him.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I don't know man.

Independence guy seems a lot like the idiot travel football coaches I've seen. They're big on "hype" and yelling platitudes really loudly, but when it comes to individual technique and team tactics, they come up wayyyyyyyyyyyyy short.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

Oh on the field and teaching Brown and most of his staff was shit. They just aren't good coaches and they horribly mismanaged their roster.

As for just being a dick Buddy Stephens is going to battle with Brown for that title. Stephens is every bit the hypocritical insufferable asshole.

But one guy was jumping into a program that the city wants to shitcan and the other guy was very established at a program that the town cherishes and wanted to protect at all costs.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You can tell a lot about a coach by the way a practice is run - on the off chance you even get to fucking watch them anymore.
    Brown was a mess emotionally, his practices were shit shows and he proved over and over he couldn't control a sideline.
    Maybe coordinator material or motivational speaker but a head coach at any level he is not.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I also say that having developed begrudgingly some respect for his methods.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

And now, Jason Martin is the head coach at Indy. Congratulations to him:

Independence Community College Names Head Football Coach

Octave and Scout like this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I only watched one coach emasculate one of his assistants in front of a team and cameras, and it wasn’t Jason Brown.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I hope he can get a real apartment or a house now, and get his family out of that cinder block bunker.
    He seemed like the best guy in the program, though, so good luck to him.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

Buddy Stephens is a total piece of shit. He had so many resources that the other LCU coaches didn't have not counting the money he gets off the books from those SEC programs. He ran off the academic advisor, who did everything in her power to get those kids qualified. He shit on his top assistant and ran him off the team. Between him and Rush Prospt it's hard to find bigger assholes in football at any level.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Octave likes this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Good for Martin. They should go back to Indy then, see how a contrast in styles will go over.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted