1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't love Buddy but he's a saint compared to Brown.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Buddy is an atrocious piece of shit. He's just much smarter than Brown about hiding his misgivings and he's protected by the old boys network since his slaughterhouse feeds their SEC programs.

When he dies I'll gladly take a shit on his grave.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Got through S4, E3 last night. Just shaking my head over how these dumbasses survive on a daily basis. Also, it seems the teachers and administrators get too personally involved with these guys.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Watched the first three episodes on the plane to Vegas Friday. My favorite part was Brown talking about his Twitter blowing up and, halfway through, he starts following Keith Sweat and a bunch of other early 90s R&B assholes.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Garden City episode was a trip.
    There was ZERO love lost between those two.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Spoilers, asshole.
    Signed: Raven

Chef2 likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fourth season? The new one dropped?

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I am only two episodes deep (more tonight), but whose genius idea was it to turn Bobby Bruce into a safety?

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They are coddled as they were in Scooba. Remember posting during the first season about the lady who
    gives them pencils. Nice lady and well intentioned, but she treated college kids like 1st and 2nd graders. Forget who it
    was, but someone here said his wife was a teacher and couldn't believe how they babied those guys. Also agree about some
    getting too personally involved. Seems the English prof has no life outside that team. Maybe they only show that part,
    but would think she might not want to give off that impression.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

He's 6-foot and listed at 200 lbs. He looks no bigger than 190. He was only there to try and get to a D1
    school. Not much chance of that happening at LB.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Right. But he seems miscast at safety as well.
    I know we're not seeing the full picture but it looks like the dude can't play, and has personal problems on top of it.
    Even some of the true dopes from this show (Isaiah Wright) you could clearly see had NFL talent.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

She had to treat them like first graders. That was their maturity level when it came to meeting the very tame academic standards at Scooba. When an academic adviser has to go door to door to make sure they're in class -- in a situation where they only have to stay eligible for a year or two -- they're babies and should be treated as such. Not from a coddling standpoint but from a standpoint that they have to be led by the hand to take whatever remedial courses they're giving them, knowing all along this their, ahem, "Last Chance."

Draft saved Draft deleted