1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Just hope his pads don't get stolen out of his car at UAB.

The kid's obviously talented (Harbaugh wouldn't have signed him if he wasn't), but he came off as a 240-pound ball of "don't give a shit" on Last Chance U.

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I hope Clark gets the most out of him. It would be a nice story.

It would be nice in part because he averaged 1.9 YPC in 20 carries in JUCO and fumbled twice. So he didn’t really play well in JUCO. But he’s big and fast and that’s a flyer most coaches will take.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He's got a last legit chance. The new football facility that Clark and the Football Foundation got built is first class. Either he busts his ass and makes it here or he's done with football, and he has to know it. We'll see where his head is at shortly. I'm not hearing anything bad, put it that way. He's got a preseason All-Conference RB and a senior QB in front of him, and an OL that brought back four of five starters. He's in a good situation.

Time for him to get it done.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I just watched episode 5. It might be the best of any episode they have done in any season.

I like these kids more than any other season.

And the villains are their fathers.

Fucking Malik’s dad ruined that kid. Fuck that fuckstick.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Finished it last night (still have the EMCC epilogue to watch). Checked around the 'net and Malik Henry passed but still is unsigned. His name turned up in a feature I read this morning on one of USC's QB candidates, Matt Fink from Glendora. He is a lowly 3-star who only got offered by the Trojans when three other QBs went elsewhere. Malik Henry (FSU) was one of the three. The others were J.K. Costello (Stanford) and Shea Patterson (Ole Miss).
    It is frustrating to watch these guys get every chance and they piss it away.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

7. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Henry’s numbers were astonishingly mediocre, though some stat software glitch slightly under-credited him.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

FSU does a good job in recruiting QBs who find many ways to f up.

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

That’s Texas A&M’s problem now.

Slacker likes this.
  10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I really think the school and the AD had a talk with the coach after the first couple games to cool it down some on the sidelines.

Browns positives outweigh his negatives.

I hated seeing Stevens on 4.1. He’s a fuckstick.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Schedule EMCC vs. ICC. Stevens and Brown can have a belly-bumping contest at midfield during pregame. One 5-minute round. Over/under on "fuck" (includes "motherfucker") 388.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted